Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the part that snapped. $21 is a whole hell of a lot cheaper than a couple hundred for new tie rods and shit!
I've had it happen when trying to get that thing loose you ruin the tie rod.

That is rust will do.😆😆

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had it happen when trying to get that thing loose you ruin the tie rod.

That is rust will do.😆😆
So you're saying I'd need to replace the damn tie rod as well? Stupid Jeeps! 🤬

I was hoping since it has that slot, maybe if I heat up tie rod I can get that adjusting nut to back out.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was hoping since it has that slot, maybe if I heat up tie rod I can get that adjusting nut to back out.
You should be able to get them apart with some heat. Most of the time, by the time they get to us they are so rusted together we can't get them apart without destroying stuff.

Sometimes techs just like to be lazy and say it needs a tie rod and adjusting sleeve because they don't want to try and free them up.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
has anyone else had this issue?

I noticed when we get a real heavy rain, when I open my rear driver side passenger door water comes pouring out. Doesn't happen to any other door. And it's only real heavy rain.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yours is different than my XJ, I have the conventional adjusting sleeves.... they suck too.
Soaking with PB Blaster is a start, but that will take some time. I heat up stuck fasteners with a torch till they're red, then spray them with PB Blaster. Do that a few times and it should break loose. Candle wax even works... heat it up, apply wax and it will wick in as it cools.
Watch out for spiders while you're under there! I still don't know what kind bit me...

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I noticed when we get a real heavy rain, when I open my rear driver side passenger door water comes pouring out. Doesn't happen to any other door. And it's only real heavy rain.
Killer had that problem with his front door.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

As @Fly by Nite noted,yes mine was front door. Ford replaced the seal above my windshield. Can't see that as being same for you. Sorry.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As @Fly by Nite noted,yes mine was front door. Ford replaced the seal above my windshield. Can't see that as being same for you. Sorry.
no, that seems doubtful.

It seems the water is running down the door (where it opens) and pools at the bottom. Maybe something with the softtop? or the window? I guess I'll have service look at it. sigh.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So... Dealership says it's the passenger side caliper freezing up. They want to drain brake fluid, replace caliper and rotors all for the low low price of $1394.11

I told them, my name ISN'T @Rob1135ny, just do the alignment and I'll take care of the brakes! 😞

They also seem to think you should replace your brake fluid every 2 years..... Over my 35 years of driving.... I've never done that.... And maybe replaced a total of 3 calipers! WTF?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there. This water leak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So... Dealership says it's the passenger side caliper freezing up. They want to drain brake fluid, replace caliper and rotors all for the low low price of $1394.11

I told them, my name ISN'T @Rob1135ny, just do the alignment and I'll take care of the brakes! 😞

They also seem to think you should replace your brake fluid every 2 years..... Over my 35 years of driving.... I've never done that.... And maybe replaced a total of 3 calipers! WTF?
Brake fluid should be changed when it's bad....You can buy a brake fluid tester for under $10. It measures the moisture content of the fluid. Useful life of the fluid will vary.
https://www.amazon.com/PTE-Tester-Calibrated-Brake-fluids/dp/B005HVG4GQ

My '91 F-150 had a caliper lock up on me a few years ago. I bought the rebuild kit, saw some corrosion and gunk in the piston bore that caused the bind. I know I replaced the brake fluid at some time before that during the past 31 years!
And my '01 XJ had a dragging caliper, it had been replaced a few years before. Found a torn dust seal on that one which let crap in.
While corrosion on the inside of the system can lead to problems, a bigger problem is the outside of steel brake lines rusting and causing leaks. Had to replace the lines on my XJ before it was 15 years old.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mercedes brake fluid flush interval is 2 years. I always let the dealer do it on schedule but can't guarantee they actually did the work.
Porsche is also 2 years.
Other manufactures suggest 3 years.
Don't see anything in Ford Bronco maintenance schedule. I guess the "Inspect"ion every 10k miles would reveal when the brake fluid needs changing.

Brake fluid absorbs water, it's fairly wet up here and off-roading you end up going through water. Moisture in brake fluid lowers it's boiling temp requiring more pedal pressure. Also can cause corrosion in ABS pump and caliper.

Every 2 years is probably as excessive as 3k mile engine oil changes. Maybe if you're tracking the vehicle and see repeated and often high heat in brakes and engine.
Sponsored