First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our drive way is sloped. We have the auto tranny. There’s definitely a brake grab when moving from R to D when on slope. It’s noticeable. Nothing specific engaged on my end.

Familiar with hill start as I has a six speed manual Camaro years back. Hated that feature. Resulted in burnt clutch smell almost every time it engaged. Made me think, if you need this maybe you shouldn’t have a manual.
Might’ve been a Chevy thing because my beetle with it worked perfect.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We left a lot on the table in development honestly. There are universal features present though just not enabled. Future OTA updates will address some but not all. Example being what I mentioned with Reverse Tilt. This can be enabled via Ford (and ForScan) software. There’s no rhyme or reason for the lack of inclusion however. It’s really just a matter of not trying to overload the customer with an abundance of things. Customer feedback will dictate future updates and features

FEF96E1B-DD48-41C5-A86A-7B2405EC311E.jpeg
How about stop and go ACC and Lane Centering? Can that be updated OTA? Count me in for auto hold and tilt as well.

Last edited:

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give me a break. No one is turning down a bronco because it doesnt have auto hold. It's just odd that every other ford vehicle has it (at and below this price point) and this one doesn't. Just a question and discussion. Come down off your high horse and sit with us for a second.
Not every Ford comes with it. Some do, some don't. It is not available on the Bronco.l, regardless of price point. It doesn't matter that you paid $60k, it simply was not available. You should have known this, before purchasing. If you did not know this, that is 100% on you. Blaming Ford makes absolutely no sense, when you are the one who placed the order.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every car I've ever owned has it. Put it in park and voila . . . it won't move. Has always worked for me.

If you can't be bothered to PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE for longer than a few seconds maybe you should not be driving that day. You're too distracted.

{end grumpy old man rant}

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just put it in one pedal drive and viola... auto-hold.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just want to know how many people believe that having a sensor which remembers your prior braking force, then automatically applies it in all zero-movement moments with the brake depressed is a fantastic idea for an off-road vehicle?

Yes, I am aware that the function of auto-hold is user defined as "on" or "off", but there is no system which auto-disables the function every time you go from tarmac to dirt, and thus the issue is identified.

The liability on such a system, and the massively dangerous use of the system off-road, would necessitate that humans are too stupid to be trusted with such a system for this use-specific vehicle. Drastically easier and safer to not have auto-hold and require your users to have at least one functioning leg than to assume user are competent enough to remember to change such settings.

On the Bronco SPORT, yes, it absolutely makes sense. Pretty much any vehicle designed for parents of either sex who drive their children to soccer practice, Auto-Hold makes sense.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to press the hold button for it to work. Its between the brake and clutch pedal.

Come on people.
Sponsored