Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was just automatic, no button to push. So when you stop on a hill and let off the brake, it just holds. Or is this something else?
On hills, yes it does this. On flat and downhill it doesnt. This is a button you can push at a stoplight, drive through, etc so you can leave the car in drive but dont have to be holding the vehicle back from creeping up with the brake pedal.
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never understood the usefulness of this. Do people really need to take their foot off the brake and what's so hard about hitting the parking brake if you do need to move your foot.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On hills, yes it does this. On flat and downhill it doesnt. This is a button you can push at a stoplight, drive through, etc so you can leave the car in drive but dont have to be holding the vehicle back from creeping up with the brake pedal.
Maybe the ASS is in conflict with it?? Does Sport have ASS?

Couldn’t help myself. Had to use abbreviation😁

OP
OP
elbroncodor

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never understood the usefulness of this. Do people really need to take their foot off the brake and what's so hard about hitting the parking brake if you do need to move your foot.
Once you have it, you'll love it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was just automatic, no button to push. So when you stop on a hill and let off the brake, it just holds. Or is this something else?
There are two technologies that constantly get confused.
  1. Hill-Start Assist. Manual transmissions only. It helps you start on a hill. Usually if you start on a hill with a manual transmission you'll roll backwards as you are trying to pull out the clutch. Lots of fun with people behind you.
  2. Auto-Hold. Automatic transmissions only. Automatically holds the brake for you when you come to a complete stop. Helpful at stop lights and sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
The thing you are talking when you stop on a hill and the vehicle doesn't move has nothing to do with any special technology. That's just the torque converter doing what the torque converter does.

---

Anyway. Most of Ford's vehicles do not have Auto-Hold. It's a relatively new thing Ford added in 2020. But at the moment it's only available on the F-150, Escape, Bronco Sport, and Explorer.

My wife's 2020 Escape has it, and I don't like it at all. It's useful when sitting in a slow-moving drive-thru line, but otherwise... I leave it off.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our drive way is sloped. We have the auto tranny. There’s definitely a brake grab when moving from R to D when on slope. It’s noticeable. Nothing specific engaged on my end.

Familiar with hill start as I has a six speed manual Camaro years back. Hated that feature. Resulted in burnt clutch smell almost every time it engaged. Made me think, if you need this maybe you shouldn’t have a manual.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has this in her Bronco Sport. I turned it on a couple of weeks ago and this morning when I drove it, she had turned it off. I guess she didn't like it. :)

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 650i had auto hold. Useful in stop and go traffic and drive thrus. Basically you can take your feet off the pedals in drive. I had a choice of more power or stick in my 6 and I regret getting the auto.

on the Bronco on page 295 you will see how the trail one pedal drive works. Similar, but different and 4x4 h/l only. If it makes you feel better tell yourself it has the offroad version on the Bronco, and the barbie bronco gets the starbucks button.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The frustrating part is that Bronco has all the hardware for auto hold, Ford just decided not to include it for some reason. They don't even need a dedicated button, just have it be a setting in sync 4 like the F-150 has. It's some kind of intentional de-contenting or just laziness on Ford's part.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With today’s vehicles being more reliant on the ecu, it may be something added over the air and managed in the sync system in the future?

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The frustrating part is that Bronco has all the hardware for auto hold, Ford just decided not to include it for some reason. They don't even need a dedicated button, just have it be a setting in sync 4 like the F-150 has. It's some kind of intentional de-contenting or just laziness on Ford's part.
Ford has spent a lot of engineering hours developing this vehicle including a great many features present in other Ford products. Each one of those features took time to integrate into the operation of this Bronco. Somethings have not been included for various reasons. Making assumptions about why some features are included and not others without having an inkling about the complexities involved or without knowing which features are compatible with which systems is futile at the least and disingenuous at the most.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can do it but in 2 wheel only in Baja mode..this is not trail control which is like cruise control while driving off road. In 4x4 it’s available in other modes.

http://www.buyevscars.com/blog/what-is-ford-trail-1-pedal-drive-and-how-does-it-work/

so I took a pic of what it should look like ...a line needs to be through the 1 number on trail drive , and then a little foot pedal with a 1 should be seen. What this does is tell the speed control to be none, so that when you push the gas and let off it automatically stops.

Ford Bronco No Auto hold button? 39C7DAD7-AAE8-4A87-9A10-72074406D9DB

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"or does this $60k vehicle really not have it?"

Keep in mind the Bronco is not a $60K vehicle, it is a $30K vehicle some might pay 60K for.
Unless you’re talking Canadian dollars… 😉

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, but it has Trail Turn Assist. (y)
Sponsored