First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
768 miles on the truck. When I cold start the vehicle and reverse out my drive way, followed by going into drive and accelerate down my street. Nothing crazy just typical acceleration I get a very brief noise when it shifts from what I’m assuming is before and after 2nd gear. Maybe it’s not second but it’s definitely when the vehicle is shifting it feels. The noise is a very quick grind?

If I stop somewhere and get back into the car it can’t be replicated only when the vehicle has sat over night. Etc. otherwise it shifts strong when driving and at lights etc.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you describe the noise Collin. Just as a base the 10 spd tranny's have a whine in them that can be heard at times. I may not be able to describe why it does that correctly, but it has something to do with a resonance from the bell housing. Both my Ranger, and the wife's Mustang has that whine. It doesn't cause any problems, it's just the nature of the beast. With that said, I haven't heard that when it's shifting.

Brookway

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Abs pump cycle? I know some cars cycle the abs pump on after every cold start when you hit around 15 mph

OP
OP

NC.BigBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you describe the noise Collin. Just as a base the 10 spd tranny's have a whine in them that can be heard at times. I may not be able to describe why it does that correctly, but it has something to do with a resonance from the bell housing. Both my Ranger, and the wife's Mustang has that whine. It doesn't cause any problems, it's just the nature of the beast. With that said, I haven't heard that when it's shifting.
I can’t really put the noise into words to describe. I’ll see if I can record some audio. But it’s a very quick grind/buzz noise from the front of the vehicle. I’m apprehensive to say grind because it may not be something actually grinding. All I can say is that it’s just when I first start up and after it shifts the first few gears I never hear it again.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can’t really put the noise into words to describe. I’ll see if I can record some audio. But it’s a very quick grind/buzz noise from the front of the vehicle. I’m apprehensive to say grind because it may not be something actually grinding. All I can say is that it’s just when I first start up and after it shifts the first few gears I never hear it again.
Ummm, I wish I could say. Mine doesn't do it as far as I know. I may have just not heard it if it does. Of course I know you're like me. If you take it to the dealer it won't make a sound. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are able to drive near a wall or some other sound reflective surface, you may get a better handle on the sound, and if it occurs for every shift or only one. My car was making a slight noise when shifting, and I only noticed one day when driving next to a wall and heard it.
Sponsored