First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you know it is usual? There was nothing in any correspondence form Ford or the delaer that this was required to convert a reservation to an order that I am aware of. Can you point me to how I can validate that? Thanks!
I don't know what that guy means by usual, unless he means that there are some dealers who will expect a deposit with them (in addition to the required $100 deposit with Ford). I would refuse to pay that to anyone, especially since you have no idea how long you'll be waiting for the Bronco to get to you. There are dealers out there who won't mess you about like that. Paying more than $100 is pointless in this exercise and nothing but a money grab. As we all know, if you bail out of the order, the dealer can add whatever ADM he can get away with in a sale to someone else, so why should you pay him $500 more for a damn thing?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you know it is usual? There was nothing in any correspondence form Ford or the delaer that this was required to convert a reservation to an order that I am aware of. Can you point me to how I can validate that? Thanks!
Well, I've bought cars before.... Others here say similar things. Not all, I know. Just saying it's nothing to be wary of. And if you're a dealer, are you going to place an order for someone with no skin in?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many dealers require an additional deposit when converting a reservation. It is not necessarily shady and is a means to have you get some skin in the game. Just make sure that it is refundable if you cancel or walk and it is applied to the down payment at the time of sale. However, there is no need to rush and place an order now as the MY22 B&P should be ready by September and you will just have to redo your order then.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many dealers require an additional deposit when converting a reservation. It is not necessarily shady and is a means to have you get some skin in the game. Just make sure that it is refundable if you cancel or walk and it is applied to the down payment at the time of sale. However, there is no need to rush and place an order now as the MY22 B&P should be ready by September and you will just have to redo your order then.
Once September comes and we have to re-submit our orders, does that mean we’re SOL for getting a MY21 since we’ve converted to a 2022 order? Seems kind of shitty considering there’s still a couple more months of scheduling for 2021, no?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd switch dealer just because they want a deposit. Mine didn't ask for anything. They already got the 100, that's enough play money until I get my ride.
And I'd certainly never pay a non refundable deposit like some dealers apparently want. Just no.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand the problem with deposits. The $100 was for a refundable reservation. A small deposit is useful from a sellers perspective to eliminate orders from non-serious buyers.

I think we would all be miffed if we found out that a bunch of Broncos clogging the assembly line ahead of ours were walked away from and went straight to a lot.

Edit: or if these builds gobbled up the shortage parts that real buyers are waiting for.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s very common for dealers to ask for a deposit. It doesn’t mean that said dealer is shady or taking you for a ride. Many people on here are with dealerships that have taken a deposit. The key is to make sure that the deposit is refundable. If it is not, then by all means go to another dealer. I like a lot of others have only paid the $100 reservation fee. But that was also refunded when I changed dealerships. So there’s that. With your build you could actually get yours sooner than some might think. With the squatch packages being your only deadly sin. Good luck.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once September comes and we have to re-submit our orders, does that mean we’re SOL for getting a MY21 since we’ve converted to a 2022 order? Seems kind of shitty considering there’s still a couple more months of scheduling for 2021, no?
MY21 will most likely be all scheduled out before the MY22 order banks finally open up. And when I said "by September" well, that is Ford speak for anytime between now and mid December.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY21 will most likely be all scheduled out before the MY22 order banks finally open up. And when I said "by September" well, that is Ford speak for anytime between now and mid December.
Touché, that’s a good point. That would make sense that they’d schedule the rest of the year before hand.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer asks for a deposit at time of order. It is totally refundable and I don't have a problem with it. Every local dealer here does the same.

Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I only placed $100 for the reservation with Ford directly. It was converted to an order by my delaer FREE--I did NOT have to pay $400. Maybe the OP's dealer is taking the lad for a ride by making him pay an upfront delaer fee of $500?
Same story here....just $100 reservation and MSRP.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All!

So I'm new to the Bronco. I went online and made a reservation on 7/29/21.
To my surprise the dealer I chose called me within the hour wanting me to come in a build and put a $500 deposit down.

So from what I've been reading is that normally takes a while for the dealer to call you down to do a build or are they just trying to lock me in?

Also they said best price they would do is MSRP . Should I try to negotiate or is this it ?

Pretty basic build
Base 4 door
Sasquatch
Switches

Any Input/buying tips would be greatly appreciated.
If you like the dealer, and they're convenient to you, MSRP is usual. Some are higher, some lower . . .
Sponsored