North

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my reservation on 07/14 at 07:30 in Canada, so it must have been on of the earlier ones.
In mid-November my dealer called me to come in and look at spec-ing out a bronco and getting the order ready to place, but said I would be able to change any time before the order. So I came in, spec'ed out an Outerbanks and placed my deposit.

I went again in March on the 19th (the last day) to 'finalize' my order, where I updated my order to a Badlands as they got updated pricing (including lease pricing) which they didn't have when I first went in.

I never got a DORA from my dealer and my online order status on ford.ca never updated. So I emailed my dealer about it and they said they hadnt recived one from Ford. I thought maybe ford was busy and itll take some time to get updated. A week or two later I followed up and they said " Just spoke with my New car manager and it appears till we get allocation we won’t be able to submit yet. For that reason we cannot produce the Dora at this time. Will keep you posted. "

Not sure if my order converted properly and worried Ill loose my allocation? Any thoughts on what I should do?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know Ford Canada is totally separate, and has their own sets of rules, but from what you're describing and my understanding on how things work...

Ford Bronco Not Sure if my Dealer Converted my Reservation giphy

OP
OP

North

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Ford Canada is totally separate, and has their own sets of rules, but from what you're describing and my understanding on how things work...

Ford Bronco Not Sure if my Dealer Converted my Reservation giphy
Yeah I understand Ford Canada might be a bit different so ive been giving my dealer the benefit of the doubt but im getting worried now seeing people get their emails.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[...]

I never got a DORA from my dealer and my online order status on ford.ca never updated. So I emailed my dealer about it and they said they hadnt recived one from Ford. I thought maybe ford was busy and itll take some time to get updated. A week or two later I followed up and they said " Just spoke with my New car manager and it appears till we get allocation we won’t be able to submit yet. For that reason we cannot produce the Dora at this time. Will keep you posted. "

Not sure if my order converted properly and worried Ill loose my allocation? Any thoughts on what I should do?
If I'm understanding this correctly, it sounds like they didn't understand how the MY21 process works. It sounds like they were waiting to hear what their allocation was before converting orders, when in reality, they only get allocation if they had *already* converted orders.

If they didn't convert anyone, then that would explain why they didn't get any allocation.

That said, no dealer anywhere got enough allocation to fulfill every converted order (since there isn't enough production capacity). That to me suggests that they should be able to convert your order even if they didn't get awarded allocation.

The real question is, if you convert now, are you locked out of MY21 because your dealer didn't receive allocation? Or would something happen for say, the next quarter of scheduling now that you're in the system.

Either way, as long as your reservation isn't "cancelled" you still hold it, and that's yours. I would tell you to transfer to another dealership, but my understanding is that this is not an option available in Canada.

OP
OP

North

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm understanding this correctly, it sounds like they didn't understand how the MY21 process works. It sounds like they were waiting to hear what their allocation was before converting orders, when in reality, they only get allocation if they had *already* converted orders.

If they didn't convert anyone, then that would explain why they didn't get any allocation.

That said, no dealer anywhere got enough allocation to fulfill every converted order (since there isn't enough production capacity). That to me suggests that they should be able to convert your order even if they didn't get awarded allocation.

The real question is, if you convert now, are you locked out of MY21 because your dealer didn't receive allocation? Or would something happen for say, the next quarter of scheduling now that you're in the system.

Either way, as long as your reservation isn't "cancelled" you still hold it, and that's yours. I would tell you to transfer to another dealership, but my understanding is that this is not an option available in Canada.
Yes my reservation still says its in-progress. But I did get refunded my 100 dollar reservation fee on March 18th. So I called Ford Canada and they said my reservation as still active, but that I can not change my reservation in anyway...model type or dealer despite my dealer and their website saying otherwise.

Regardless, when I speaking to my dealer in person I got the impression that they where placing orders for customers builds, getting the cars on the lot, then selling them to us. Not sure if this how it typical works.

Screenshot 2021-04-15 124032.png

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes my reservation still says its in-progress. But I did get refunded my 100 dollar reservation fee on March 18th. So I called Ford Canada and they said my reservation as still active, but that I can not change my reservation in anyway...model type or dealer despite my dealer and their website saying otherwise.

Regardless, when I speaking to my dealer in person I got the impression that they where placing orders for customers builds, getting the cars on the lot, then selling them to us. Not sure if this how it typical works.

Ford Bronco Not Sure if my Dealer Converted my Reservation Screenshot 2021-04-15 124032
What do you see what you click "View?" I don't have that option on mine:

Ford Bronco Not Sure if my Dealer Converted my Reservation Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.49.59