Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sasquatch 2DR; '78 FJ40; '85 T4R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Preliminary written instructions attached. Still working on the video. We are installing another set tomorrow on a Badlands, so we'll be adding a little more content depending on the outcome and taking action videos as well.
Sponsored

Attachments

wigglysqiggly

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed tonight and oh boy what an install. Paper instructions was ok but when reality hits you its not as easy as a piece of paper. Passenger side was super easy and driver side was a lot tighter so ended up taking off the the sway bar to get link off.
Also the bottom brace is weird as you can fully tighten it as you need to rotate a bit to bolt everything up.

IMG_4411.jpeg

wigglysqiggly

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn’t jack up the car just turn the tires and went underneath

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installed tonight and oh boy what an install. Paper instructions was ok but when reality hits you its not as easy as a piece of paper. Passenger side was super easy and driver side was a lot tighter so ended up taking off the the sway bar to get link off.
Also the bottom brace is weird as you can fully tighten it as you need to rotate a bit to bolt everything up.

IMG_4411.jpeg
Thanks for the feedback! The lower mount is turned 90 degrees from where we intended it to be placed. The lower shock eye can be rotated. I will add a final picture to the instructions, but here's ours for reference. It is a lot easier to install when jacked up, removing some of the load from the suspension.
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: BOSS "Walker Link" Sway Bar Shock System - Great alternative to disconnects! IMG_20230802_061027738

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We will be testing on both a Badlands and a Wildtrak, and will provide those numbers.
Have these numbers been posted yet? Interested in something like this for my Wildtrak.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have these numbers been posted yet? Interested in something like this for my Wildtrak.
It's the same yield on a Wildtrak. No differences on the sway bar.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's the same yield on a Wildtrak. No differences on the sway bar.
The original question was regarding actual travel measurements on a stock disconnect on a badlands vs something like this on a wildtrak. I didn't see actual articulation/travel numbers posted?

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The original question was regarding actual travel measurements on a stock disconnect on a badlands vs something like this on a wildtrak. I didn't see actual articulation/travel numbers posted?
We are installing a set on a 4-Door Badlands today. On a Wildtrak it yields +2" of wheel travel, like the other models without the sta-bar disconnect. We'll post the results soon.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We are installing a set on a 4-Door Badlands today. On a Wildtrak it yields +2" of wheel travel, like the other models without the sta-bar disconnect. We'll post the results soon.
Any thought on the impact of that travel on lifted units that have somewhat reduced downward travel?

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any thought on the impact of that travel on lifted units that have somewhat reduced downward travel?
Still would provide more travel than with the static stock link. When lifted, the stock links are still in place, so these will provide more movement, yet retain the sway bar function.

Sponsored

wigglysqiggly

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i have drove today and felt stock will try to find some rocks to test out on my way home. I bought these just for the peace of mind incase if i needed the extra inch or 2

RXV_POOR

Base
First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus GS 350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm waiting on the Wildtrak setup

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine came in yesterday. Waiting on the Wildtrak now so that I only have to install once. I’m getting antsy though!!

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
i have drove today and felt stock will try to find some rocks to test out on my way home. I bought these just for the peace of mind incase if i needed the extra inch or 2
That's good it felt stable like the stock links on the road. You should notice a difference off-road. We certainly felt more stable on the trails after installing.
I'm waiting on the Wildtrak setup
We did evaluate it on a Wildtrak just to be sure the different suspension would be compatible and we were able to verify that the sway bar is the same and this system works.

We also just got done test fitting it on a Badlands. While the sway bar is obviously completely different, the links themselves are the same. The angle was different, but by clocking the lower mount slightly, it works and provides added travel when the sta-bar is connected. We will do a full write up soon with pictures, but here's a shot with it drooped out.
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: BOSS "Walker Link" Sway Bar Shock System - Great alternative to disconnects! IMG_20230802_153810557
Sponsored