deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Black Diamond 2.3L Cactus Gray w MGV interior. OBX 2.7L Shadow Black w Lux Roast leather interior.
Fun event, exciting to see in person. Didn't sit in the Black Diamond, but sitting driver's side of the OBX felt a little cramped. I'm 6'1" 180 lbs. and the feel was just a little constrained to me at the shoulders and hips, but I didn't have time to tinker a lot and try to really dial it in. Wish I had some more time. Fired up the 2.7L V6... pretty quiet.
All pics 50mm shots. Pretty cool to see the Cactus in sun & shadow, but I'm still going Carbonized.
The best part about the black steelies, other than how badass they look, is that they can be hammered back into shape if bent and will be pretty cheap to replace. Can't say the same about any of the aluminum alloy wheels.
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If your not getting Sas, this is the way to go for sure. Looks so good.
I agree. I love the black diamond. In the end I decided on Base + Sasquatch. Both rigs came out to the same price. But I decided the the 210 front axles, front locker, Bilstein shocks, 35 inch tires, 11.6 inches of ground clearance was more important to ME then washout interior and an extra Goat mode or 2. I don't count the steel bumper and rock sliders and under armor because the aftermarket is going to have way better options for that stuff. But It was a hard decision. $42k OTD was my absolute max.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

T
Front looks OK to me, but the rear is definitely exaggerated with the room in the wheelwell. I wonder if the soft top is sitting a bit higher and causing just a slightly larger gap in the rear?
1 - Shadow Black Bronco Badlands 4-door Steel Wheels White Top 1.jpg
The main problem with that Bronco are those 2 extra doors
💀

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego 1617419426212

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego 1617419658576

had NO IDEA the side windows came off the soft top!! :D😲 does the back windshield come off too??

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere!!!

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The quarter shot with the rear door open made it look like the door was a completely different color, now I see it’s the shadow. Thanks for the pictures!

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego 1617419658576
I thought the same thing, the Cactus Grey drivers door was open in the sun and looked Cactus Grey but the passenger door was open in the shade and looked Area 51 😜

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
For a second I thought that BD what Ox White and almost lost it. Still hoping the first time I see an Ox White Black Diamond with steelies will be mine. Probably not likely.
Sorry to ruin your hopes and dreams! 😂

879EC9C1-3947-4DA9-B38A-E97128B2ACCB.jpeg

A05837DB-AB9B-47C4-9961-F8789D0E7EB3.jpeg

1E8C22C8-53A4-475C-9174-C68283C3FEA7.jpeg

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was there as well, that BD Cactus Gray was amazing. I'm changing my order to CG now. A few notes:

The engine bays don't look that crazy in person.

MGV feels like...well, vinyl to me.

The soft top fit is actually pretty good, but feels like it will flap a lot to be honest.

Anyone unsure about the size, these are NOT large vehicles. The interior feels about the same size as my Mazda 6. If you have any thoughts that the 2dr will be too small, you are right. Get the 4dr.

265/70 R17s look great on the BD. I won't go any larger.

Interior plastics and texture feel ok, not bad but nothing fancy.

Wasn't an OBX fan from the pics, still not after seeing/sitting in one. Those Dueller tires suck.
Don’t drive a Mazda 6. Can you compare interior size to another vehicle ??

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t drive a Mazda 6. Can you compare interior size to another vehicle ??
The 6 is pretty much in the middle of the size for a mid size sedan so camry, accord, fusion, malibu, etc. That help?

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. Sounds tiny. Smaller interior than wrangler too?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My concern too. Worried my BD non- SAS would look tiny
You should be good to go my friend. I thought it looked fantastic. Better in person than in pictures. If you’re anywhere on the west coast, these are the two that will be touring around

Burnsy949

Badlands
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2018 Volkswagen Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb question, but I signed up for this event for April 6 (but at Tutlle Click Ford in Irvine), and I was able to select a time on the website, but I haven’t recieved any confirmation via email. Did any of you that attended get an email back confirming your spot for the event?
Sponsored