BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb question, but I signed up for this event for April 6 (but at Tutlle Click Ford in Irvine), and I was able to select a time on the website, but I haven’t recieved any confirmation via email. Did any of you that attended get an email back confirming your spot for the event?
Yup but it usually goes to your spam inbox
Sponsored

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the KM Ford event. They were ferrying everyone to sit in the OBX, but I am SO GLAD I asked for and was able to also sit in the BD.

My build has manual seats with manual transmission.

The OBX had power seats with auto. It was nice but I wasn’t sure how I’d feel in my Bronco.

The BD had manual seats with manual transmission. It felt RIGHT. It felt like a truck (makes sense, but still, the feeling surprised me). I tossed through the gears. Pressed in the clutch. It was glorious.

All of a sudden I was totally excited about my Bronco on a whole new level.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 6 is pretty much in the middle of the size for a mid size sedan so camry, accord, fusion, malibu, etc. That help?
This actually makes me happy. Comibg from a wrx, I didn't want a large vehicle (2dr guy).

Love steelies on the BD. The BD seems to be the best of both worlds, with retro feel and modern tech and capability.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The quarter shot with the rear door open made it look like the door was a completely different color, now I see it’s the shadow. Thanks for the pictures!

1617416979275.jpeg
That door color back there, is exactly what Cactus Grey looks like with any or all overcast.
I like that it shifts that much.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just my opinion, but the grabbers look silly here. There is more empty wheel well than tire. It's silly that the BD gets the second smallest tire offered.
Agreed. Based on what the BD trim is supposed to be compared to BB and OB, it should have had 33s IMO. One step below BL in capability but a step up from BB. After wearing out the grabbers I'll definitely be replacing them with 33s.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Front looks OK to me, but the rear is definitely exaggerated with the room in the wheelwell. I wonder if the soft top is sitting a bit higher and causing just a slightly larger gap in the rear?
1 - Shadow Black Bronco Badlands 4-door Steel Wheels White Top 1.jpg
It is due to the combination of the weight of the MIC top and lack of tow package. Legend dropped that bit of info about a month ago when everyone was complaining about the Rake and needing a level kit. The Tow Package which the CG BD at the Demo event has adds a bump to the rear suspension even though it isn't disclosed on B/P.

By the way, B6G is slipping in not noticing Sean from OBL/BN. A few photos captured him scurrying about. A FB Live session that was posted last night from the Bronco Babes group where the group admin (Rebekah) went Live asking questions and getting tape measurements. She asked Sean herself to assist even though she didn't know Sean's backstory.

One other note is the CG BD has plastic wheel well liners and not the felt that will be in production.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did anyone else notice the Pre-Production defects on the inside of the rear gate?

The machinery settings for the assembly rivets are over-driving and crushing the rivets too much. The resulting deformation is seen in the surrounding sheet metal/aluminum. I have highlighted examples of properly driven rivets in blue and improper ones in red. Lets hope they get this fine tuned for production.

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego 1617460886008

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone else notice the Pre-Production defects on the inside of the rear gate?

The machinery settings for the assembly rivets are over-driving and crushing the rivets too much. The resulting deformation is seen in the surrounding sheet metal/aluminum. I have highlighted examples of properly driven rivets in blue and improper ones in red. Lets hope they get this fine tuned for production.

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego 1617460886008
Yes, I noticed them along with other items (plastic wheel wells) that indicates this was an early pre-production build during TT1. This rig should never have been part of a public roadshow. But I'm not surprised.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

By the way, B6G is slipping in not noticing Sean from OBL/BN. A few photos captured him scurrying about. A FB Live session that was posted last night from the Bronco Babes group where the group admin (Rebekah) went Live asking questions and getting tape measurements. She asked Sean herself to assist even though she didn't know Sean's backstory.
Great catch, it starts at about 12:30 into the video.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great catch, it starts at about 12:30 into the video.
Yes, I commented on the Live feed, but it didn't get any traction. While there are a few B6G members in the group, the majority of the group's members are not aware of Sean's affiliation. He's a long way from home.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

had NO IDEA the side windows came off the soft top!! :D😲 does the back windshield come off too??

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere!!!
Go look at the remove soft top video.
Sponsored