First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone been thru here? I am down visiting family and was looking for something fun to do in the middle of the week. Any pointers or any good trails or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

Jake722

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a few hours south so i don't know the area. But are you going to be here for this??
https://www.pickenspartyof5.com/event-details/ol-florida-new-year
I was there in the fall for the private Bronco event. Krista has some footage on her Pickens Party of 5 YouTube channel. You might want to watch to see some of the terrain. It was a real fun time with great hosts. If you or anyone else are wanting to attend the event, I highly recommend it. I won't be there this time around. But I will show up another time.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was there in the fall for the private Bronco event. Krista has some footage on her Pickens Party of 5 YouTube channel. You might want to watch to see some of the terrain. It was a real fun time with great hosts. If you or anyone else are wanting to attend the event, I highly recommend it. I won't be there this time around. But I will show up another time.
I'm so bummed i can't go next week. I'll definitely try next time!

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So this is an old thread but to add my two shiny pennies ...

in late '19 (before the Coronavirus hit) I was doing some research on the ONF. I am about 30 mins+ from Ocala and 90 or so from the ONF. I was looking into taking a camping trip with my Dad and my (now-passed-on, heart breakin and soul crushing) dog. He was my Dad's only 'grandchild' and they maybe got along better than I did, and I was looking into a *real* camping trip ... like, not with another tent across the fire pit or campers all over, being out in the woods for a few days, bringing our food and supplies, kind of being on your own for a few days.

But I read a ton of stuff on some random forums and it all seemed to say the same stuff... there are apparently several 'groups' of people who inhabit it ... some sort of "Rainbow People Cult" who like act like hippies but share-and-share-alike means give up your stuff to them because they need it more than you ... etc. And meth labs where if you stumble into someone's operation, even if you mean them no harm, you're a potential threat to be dealt with. Stuff like that. I myself was not scared- I have plenty of firepower and my 4-legged-son was the ultimate Early Warning platform ... like Canine AWACS ... so as long as I wasn't sleeping or taken unawares, I wouldn't necessarily be afraid, but it just skeezed me out, people repeatedly had horror stories.

Also - FWIW - apparently there are monkeys with Herpes in that area. Seriously. They can bite you and give you the Herp.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So this is an old thread but to add my two shiny pennies ...

Also - FWIW - apparently there are monkeys with Herpes in that area. Seriously. They can bite you and give you the Herp.
The monkeys are mostly in the southeast part of the OCN (Silver Springs area). They can be quite aggressive. And it is true, they have the Herp.

Sponsored

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The monkeys are mostly in the southeast part of the OCN (Silver Springs area). They can be quite aggressive. And it is true, they have the Herp.
So the funny thing - I don't have a lot of room for "hate" in my heart, but I hate monkeys. And I want to be clear before anyone can suggest otherwise or say I am saying something I'm not, I'm talking specifically and explicitly whatever monkeys are, Wikipedia calls them "Simians" or "Primates" or whatever. I'm talking about this type of creature, nothing more nothing less-

Ford Bronco Ocala National Forest 1645999834013

I have never hunted, despite having a significant firearms collection and consider shooting one of my prime hobbies. I went to school at a certain famous Central/Western PA University and was invited to come Deer Hunting on Opening Day each year - I just don't see the point of shooting innocent creatures. Except, I could go Monkey Hunting no problem. That pic is of one of the many places in India that has been overrun by monkeys. They have learned to basically "Flash Mob" local Corner Stores, steal food and drinks and stuff like that, and then run away until the next time. 15 mins from where I live in Western/Central FL, there is a gunsmith who swears he has shot multiple monkeys on his property. He says the show up, like squirrels, and you just can't take the risk.

I don't know that I could shoot any other animal, but a Herp-potential monkey skulking about my woods, I think I just might be able to blast that fool.

Attachments

OP
OP

Jake722

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the funny thing - I don't have a lot of room for "hate" in my heart, but I hate monkeys. And I want to be clear before anyone can suggest otherwise or say I am saying something I'm not, I'm talking specifically and explicitly whatever monkeys are, Wikipedia calls them "Simians" or "Primates" or whatever. I'm talking about this type of creature, nothing more nothing less-

Ford Bronco Ocala National Forest 1645999834013

I have never hunted, despite having a significant firearms collection and consider shooting one of my prime hobbies. I went to school at a certain famous Central/Western PA University and was invited to come Deer Hunting on Opening Day each year - I just don't see the point of shooting innocent creatures. Except, I could go Monkey Hunting no problem. That pic is of one of the many places in India that has been overrun by monkeys. They have learned to basically "Flash Mob" local Corner Stores, steal food and drinks and stuff like that, and then run away until the next time. 15 mins from where I live in Western/Central FL, there is a gunsmith who swears he has shot multiple monkeys on his property. He says the show up, like squirrels, and you just can't take the risk.

I don't know that I could shoot any other animal, but a Herp-potential monkey skulking about my woods, I think I just might be able to blast that fool.
Well this thread took a wild turn. I ended up not having enough time when I was down there to make the trip...maybe next time I visit, and now I know to watch for herpes infected monkeys.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well this thread took a wild turn. I ended up not having enough time when I was down there to make the trip...maybe next time I visit, and now I know to watch for herpes infected monkeys.
I'm all about the Wild Turns, brotherman! :cool: === Seems Legit!
Sponsored