Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I spoke with my insurance agent yesterday - both of his assistants were out sick and he actually answered the phone! He convinced me to add OEM coverage to my policy on the Bronco, which sounded like a good idea, but honestly, I had never heard of it and never had it on a vehicle before - even brand new ones.

Anyone familiar with this? It didn't add much to the cost. Just wondering if it's worth it or overkill. I tend to be very conservative when it comes to insurance, in that I prefer to be overinsured rather than underinsured.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, OEM insurance is to ensure that original equipment parts are used if repairs are made from a claim? Never new it was even a thing. Considering an insurance claim results from an accident, are you really concerned that an OEM fender or wheel liner gets put back on? Considering how new the Bronco is, I doubt there will be many aftermarket replacement parts (fenders, lights, factory looking hoods, trim, etc) anytime soon to begin with. And if I was concerned, I think I would just work with the repair shop and let them know I would pay the difference in parts cost of necessary.

I could see wanting OEM parts on the motor, but if you Bronco takes a hard enough hit to damage the motor you are probably looking at a total loss anyhow.

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In Minnesota its like that. When doing a repair, the insurance company can select aftermarket as opposed to OEM parts to save money. You have to decide if you want OEM or aftermarket parts for the repair. Aftermarket parts are not always upgrades and could be cheaper alternatives of OEM parts.

Reactions: sjp

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a lot of damage on one of my Subarus and while the aftermarket replacement panels were fine, the fitment wasn't quite as good as OEM. Previous to this event I had State Farm which (at the time) only used OEM parts, so I was unaware this was even a thing. This is why I add the OEM endorsement, it's usually not that expensive.

Edit: I also believe it applies to windshield replacement as well, so that might be an extra reason for Broncos that are probably significantly more likely to need that service.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjp

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the cost is minimal, I say yes it's worth it. Especially if you have expensive headlights. OEM panels tend to fit better and OEM headlights are generally better quality in terms of durability and longevity than cheaper aftermarket components.

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the cost is minimal, I say yes it's worth it. Especially if you have expensive headlights. OEM panels tend to fit better and OEM headlights are generally better quality in terms of durability and longevity than cheaper aftermarket components.
I think it was less than $2 a month. Will have to check when I have a minute to review the policy. I'm probably going to leave it on then.
Sponsored