Sponsored

OEM seat covers not compatible with heated seats. Any other options?

Legion1271

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my OEM seat covers in for my 2 door today, and I can't use them because they aren't compatible with heated seats. Are there any options out there for me? I don't want to tear up the leather seats with how I slide in and out of the vehicle. I'm a pretty big guy haha
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which seat covers did you get? I got the carhart from ford I use them with my heated seats. No issue.

OP
OP

Legion1271

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which seat covers did you get? I got the carhart from ford I use them with my heated seats. No issue.
It was OEM cover king seats, I work at a dealership so I ordered them for a discount. So I guess the Carhartt covers are compatible with heated seats then?

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was OEM cover king seats, I work at a dealership so I ordered them for a discount. So I guess the Carhartt covers are compatible with heated seats then?
I don’t see how any slip on seat covers would be incompatible with heated seats. It would just take longer for you to feel the heat from them as there’s more layers of material for the heat to travel through.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see how any slip on seat covers would be incompatible with heated seats. It would just take longer for you to feel the heat from them as there’s more layers of material for the heat to travel through.
I'm with you, I don't see why this would be a problem and I'd just use them anyway.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you, I don't see why this would be a problem and I'd just use them anyway.
For your beaded seat cover - Do you put these in the microwave for 1-2 minutes before getting into your truck to get that warming feeling while you drive? Or do you simply place a heating pad under it and plug it in? Curious what other solutions may be available.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You all hit the nail on the head. You are covering the original seat with something that may or may not cause an issue. That is why they are not “compatible” ford doesn’t want to deal with headache if something happens.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep I ran into the same issue. I wish they had something in the order that "specified" not for heated seats...now I am trying to sell my Ford OEM front seats that I cannot use.
Sponsored