First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same Katzkin degree heated cooled leather installed but had the installer place the switches in the center console next to the mirror controls. So, it is an option to move the switches as my backup location was going to be in the center dash by the wireless charging pad.
2C05E2DF-2507-482C-AAEE-FC70580B86E4.jpeg
That looks much better than mounting the switches on the seat.
How well do the cooled seats work?
Sponsored

Samsam315

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, I would not buy the Katzkin Degreez heat/cooling system if I could do it over again.

The heaters on my Bronco seats from the factory were much faster to heat and reached higher temps (almost too hot). The Katzkin seats cooling function is accomplished by a small fan that is also much louder than the factory Ford and Lexus cooled seats in my other vehicles.

Comparing directly to my Ford Expedition Platinum with cooled seats, they are not even close to being as efficient.

If you donā€™t have factory heat already, than it might be worth the extra $2k but I am not impressed.

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I would not buy the Katzkin Degreez heat/cooling system if I could do it over again.

The heaters on my Bronco seats from the factory were much faster to heat and reached higher temps (almost too hot). The Katzkin seats cooling function is accomplished by a small fan that is also much louder than the factory Ford and Lexus cooled seats in my other vehicles.

Comparing directly to my Ford Expedition Platinum with cooled seats, they are not even close to being as efficient.

If you donā€™t have factory heat already, than it might be worth the extra $2k but I am not impressed.
šŸ˜¢ well, I was hoping for a different answer but Iā€™m not really surprised. Thanks for responding and saving me ~ $3K šŸ‘šŸ½

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same Katzkin degree heated cooled leather installed but had the installer place the switches in the center console next to the mirror controls. So, it is an option to move the switches as my backup location was going to be in the center dash by the wireless charging pad.
2C05E2DF-2507-482C-AAEE-FC70580B86E4.jpeg
I love that.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

šŸ˜¢ well, I was hoping for a different answer but Iā€™m not really surprised. Thanks for responding and saving me ~ $3K šŸ‘šŸ½
Love my AC seats. No chance Iā€™d give them up just bc some other car did it better. Some other car doing it better doesnā€™t keep my butt cool.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love my AC seats. No chance Iā€™d give them up just bc some other car did it better. Some other car doing it better doesnā€™t keep my butt cool.
does the other car offroad like ours?

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m glad youā€™re happy with them. Iā€™ve driven a Raptor and a Mustang that had factory cooled seats and liked them. Here in AZ they would be great. It looks like I will have to try out the Katzkin ones for myself.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

does the other car offroad like ours?
Probably not. Best A/C seats I ever experienced were my dad's factory 2012 F-150 A/C seats. The Katzkin setup isn't perfect - essentially it's some fans pumping footwell A/C up through your seat. But imagining riding around with the top off in the South and having no cooling to the leather seats at all sends my butt into anxiety-ridden depression.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs