Sponsored

Katzkin heated/cooled seats fuse location?

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Friends,
For those with Katzkin heated/cooled seats have you located where the fuse is located?

My seats heat/cool feature just stopped working in both driver and passenger but all other electronics are working fine which means it’s most likely the fuse. I guess something could have come unplugged but I figure fuse is most likely to narrow down first.

The problem is I’ve got no idea where to look, and there is no evidence anything aftermarket was done to the engine fuse box. Anyone have any ideas/experience here?

(For the record, I have checked in with my installer but haven’t heard back yet probably as a result of the holidays and trying to figure this out before my 8hr drive home.)
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a fuse box in front of the driver, left of the steering wheel. My installer used a fuse tap, tapped into one there. Watch this video to see how to get at it

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a fuse box in front of the driver, left of the steering wheel. My installer used a fuse tap, tapped into one there. Watch this video to see how to get at it
Thank you! Had no idea that was there. I’ll check it out and report back.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay, the wiring harness is definitely behind the dash where you recommended to look. They tapped power (white wire) from the harness (yellow wire) which has a working fuse, so that’s not the issue.

You’ll see in the other photo that there is a small wire (red) that may be the switch signal wire that was loose and yanked out when I lowered the panel. I’m not sure where they had this attached unfortunately. And there no telling if this was already loose and was the problem or if it just pulled out when lowering the panel to create a second problem. I’m guessing that the red wire (if it is the signal wire) was maybe pressed into the fuse for the starter so it would only power on at the switch when the ignition was engaged. I’ll look for some installation guides on YT to see if I can deduce what was going on here.

Ford Bronco Katzkin heated/cooled seats fuse location? 42352300-456B-4754-80FD-EDE0F8F5E91E

Ford Bronco Katzkin heated/cooled seats fuse location? B42EBCCB-3573-4E7E-8B73-AB7742BF5425

Ford Bronco Katzkin heated/cooled seats fuse location? AED2E4E6-1B1B-4425-9052-F0F6C8E08044

Ford Bronco Katzkin heated/cooled seats fuse location? CC6927C3-7B21-4E2A-ADDD-56C1DE817E28

38121E34-D28A-4A4B-8C21-4848E4DBDEC9.jpeg
Sponsored