Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeh i would do it, if design is nice. I opted out for modular bumber to see what cool aftermarket provides.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got offered a sponsorship to try out the a new Bumper on my Bronco. I just donā€™t know if I should do it. It sounds like a legit deal from Gladiator Gear Co. They make a lot of stuff for Jeep, but will be getting into Bronco when it comes out. ill get the bumper at a very good price to just post some pictures on social media. And then more stuff after that.

What are your thoughts, Should I do it or let a potentially good thing pass by?
Ford Bronco Offered a Sponsorship 1623756819884

I think they got it a little backwards, the exchange of money is them to you, or a FREE bumper. I'd not pay for it, but that's me. You can do as you wish, if you like it that much and the price seems fair, then by all means, go for it.

This deal seems more like YOU are paying THEM to advertise their product.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is done in the bass fishing world alot, through the years probably saved me $5000 plus in 5 to 15% increments, you are getting a $2200 bumper for $850, if you like it I would do it in a heart beat, you still will have your original bumper to put back on if the new one does not work out, then just sell it, someone will buy it.
This is also something is was thinking about. Thank you.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got offered a sponsorship to try out the a new Bumper on my Bronco. I just donā€™t know if I should do it. It sounds like a legit deal from Gladiator Gear Co. They make a lot of stuff for Jeep, but will be getting into Bronco when it comes out. ill get the bumper at a very good price to just post some pictures on social media. And then more stuff after that.

Are you a big time social media influencer with millions of followers? If so it should be free.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What color will the actual one be? Some shade of powder coated black or chrome? Hard to tell from that image.

Gladiator gear........should be reaching out to Jeep folks

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They should let me do it. Based on the forum numbers I have a better ranking and am way cooler... Sponsors come at me! šŸ˜šŸ˜œ

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks....HEAVY.

Honestly it looks like something you would see on an Angry Face Wrangler. To each his own, I just don't think that would look right on the Bronco
Agree. Either that or something youā€™d see on a Decepticon.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There was a deleted thread yesterday from a "SEMA" builder offering a similar deal. It was deleted. A true sponsorship is you are either paid money to use a product or you are compensated with the company's product(s). This is not a sponsorship. This is someone hoping to break into the Bronco market and looking for cheap advertising. For me to use a product under a sponsorship agreement I have to believe in the product. It has to meet my standards if I will be promoting it. I have had several sponsorships in the past for both racing and shooting. Each time I accepted it was for products I could stand behind. I turned down many for products that I didn't feel were right.

In your case, I would have to see the finished product. I would need to know what they expect from me and my Bronco. Do you have to run their logo on the Bronco? How long will they have your Bronco? What systems will they be altering? Can it be reversed back to 100% stock? Will they be cutting anything? Do they make everything in house or will your Bronco be passed around to their subcontractors? At retail pricing I expect a top shelf Bronco winch bumper to cost in the $1500-$2500 range. For that money I wouldn't do it. Now if an established company such as ARB came to me and asked to use my Bronco in return for a free bumper I likely would do it. I am betting that this is the same guy that was trying to sell on here but was not a paid vendor. Go on some Jeep forums and do some homework on the company. How is their reputation in the Jeep world?

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a deleted thread yesterday from a "SEMA" builder offering a similar deal. It was deleted. A true sponsorship is you are either paid money to use a product or you are compensated with the company's product(s). This is not a sponsorship. This is someone hoping to break into the Bronco market and looking for cheap advertising. For me to use a product under a sponsorship agreement I have to believe in the product. It has to meet my standards if I will be promoting it. I have had several sponsorships in the past for both racing and shooting. Each time I accepted it was for products I could stand behind. I turned down many for products that I didn't feel were right.

In your case, I would have to see the finished product. I would need to know what they expect from me and my Bronco. Do you have to run their logo on the Bronco? How long will they have your Bronco? What systems will they be altering? Can it be reversed back to 100% stock? Will they be cutting anything? Do they make everything in house or will your Bronco be passed around to their subcontractors? At retail pricing I expect a top shelf Bronco winch bumper to cost in the $1500-$2500 range. For that money I wouldn't do it. Now if an established company such as ARB came to me and asked to use my Bronco in return for a free bumper I likely would do it. I am betting that this is the same guy that was trying to sell on here but was not a paid vendor. Go on some Jeep forums and do some homework on the company. How is their reputation in the Jeep world?
All great points. This is just for the bumper and would be shipped to me and all i need to do is take 5-10 pictures of the bumper on the bronco and post to social media. No branding required for this. If I donā€™t like the bumper i can return it for a full refund. They also said if this goes as planned we can do a deal for a full sponsor is hip where they will send free gear to me and free parts to put on the bronco and test and advertise. At this point it would require some kind of branding on the bronco. Not sure how i feel about that part yet.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What color will the actual one be? Some shade of powder coated black or chrome? Hard to tell from that image.

Gladiator gear........should be reaching out to Jeep folks
Itā€™s black and modular. The end caps come off as well ass the bull bar too.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missed this post.

NO. Nope. no. If you don't want to own your Bronco, have weird obligations to go take photos, deal with adding and removing shit, have at it. If you want to feel pressured to run big dumb stickers and help make someone who won't buy a bronco themselves to run their designed parts, go wild.

You see the problem, right? They won't do it themselves. They won't buy one for their own company. There is a problem in that where I see a fundamental flaw. You won't spend the money to promote your brand but you want me to do the work? NOPE.

I realized I sound like a jerk. OP you're not the problem, the vendor is the problem. I'd be stoked at first too, and a younger me would have taken the bait and then found out there is a LOT more to this than I planned and it would become a pain. I know I sound like a jerk, but they are taking advantage of you. You will not see any meaningful benefit. Dent that bumper and watch them, or have a problem where it doesn't fit and their solution is to cut frame parts. Too many variables to make this something you should do. At the very end it's manipulative and unsafe at best. They aren't even installing it and then testing. Bad business all around and doesn't sound like a company I'd want to deal with.
Never really though about that stuff. Thanks for your input. I wouldnā€™t say you sound like a jerk just passionate. This is why i came to the forum to get good raw feedback. Iā€™m going to pitch to them if they canā€™t do it for free Iā€™m probably not going to do it. Thanks again.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a very nice looking bumper... in fact, in my opinion, it looks kinda pissed off šŸ˜¤
Sponsored