Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I figure a lot of aftermarket suppliers are eager to get their hands on a Bronco to measure and then show their products. Can’t wait to see what’s coming.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All great points. This is just for the bumper and would be shipped to me and all i need to do is take 5-10 pictures of the bumper on the bronco and post to social media. No branding required for this. If I don’t like the bumper i can return it for a full refund. They also said if this goes as planned we can do a deal for a full sponsor is hip where they will send free gear to me and free parts to put on the bronco and test and advertise. At this point it would require some kind of branding on the bronco. Not sure how i feel about that part yet.
Keep in mind if you go through with it freight cost on bumpers is expensive! Your "discounted" bumper in the long run won't be such a great deal. I have seen this "deal" on other forums. The manufacturer doesn't want to be a paid advertiser on the forum, so they offer deals to forum users to do their advertising for them. They get free publicity without breaking the forum rules or paying to be a forum supplier.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It retails for 2200 I’m getting it for 850
I purchased front and rear modular bumpers for my Tundra for $900 on eBay and they came with 6 lights and 4 shackles. They can say Retail is whatever they want, but I guarantee you that $850 is way above the cost to make it. They're still banking and getting you to do their marketing. I'd pass. The Ford modular front bumper is only $825 and comes with skid plates!!
Ford Bronco Offered a Sponsorship Ew2yRgP

Ford Bronco Offered a Sponsorship cIu2kTP

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind if you go through with it freight cost on bumpers is expensive! Your "discounted" bumper in the long run won't be such a great deal. I have seen this "deal" on other forums. The manufacturer doesn't want to be a paid advertiser on the forum, so they offer deals to forum users to do their advertising for them. They get free publicity without breaking the forum rules or paying to be a forum supplier.
Yeah I had mentioned that as well. I told him if they can’t do it for free then I’m out. Shipping and taxes are included in the 850. Thanks for the input.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased front and rear modular bumpers for my Tundra for $900 on eBay and they came with 6 lights and 4 shackles. They can say Retail is whatever they want, but I guarantee you that $850 is way above the cost to make it. They're still banking and getting you to do their marketing. I'd pass. The Ford modular front bumper is only $825 and comes with skid plates!!
Ew2yRgP.jpg

cIu2kTP.jpg
Yeah I think I’m going to pass thanks. Also your truck looks good.

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Brotha, just make sure they don't obligate you for anything else. Slap her on and snap pics all day. I'm glad you are getting the opportunity to get those offers.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got offered a sponsorship to try out the a new Bumper on my Bronco. I just don’t know if I should do it. It sounds like a legit deal from Gladiator Gear Co. They make a lot of stuff for Jeep, but will be getting into Bronco when it comes out. ill get the bumper at a very good price to just post some pictures on social media. And then more stuff after that.

What are your thoughts, Should I do it or let a potentially good thing pass by?
I don't consider that being a sponsorship then. If they wanted to have a true sponsorship, then they will provide the product for influential mentions. Sounds like they are selling at a small markup (+10% over cost compared to the normal +30%) for free advertisements and future profits on their end. That is not a good deal for your investment.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't consider that being a sponsorship then. If they wanted to have a true sponsorship, then they will provide the product for influential mentions. Sounds like they are selling at a small markup (+10% over cost compared to the normal +30%) for free advertisements and future profits on their end. That is not a good deal for your investment.
Selling at 30% over cost would put them out of business. On a bumper made in house the mark up will be a minimum of 100% more likely 200%.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What have you got to lose? You'll still have your original bumper should you need it. And on the upside, you could be a pioneer in some cool new stuff.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Selling at 30% over cost would put them out of business. On a bumper made in house the mark up will be a minimum of 100% more likely 200%.
I don't know their business model, I was just using numbers with a default cost to ratio spread for easier reading.

Besides, charging a minimum of a 100% markup on raw materials and maybe 3 hours of construction labor and 30 min in a powder coat room, from a company that is looking for brand ambassadors, would put a business out of operation as well. Not willing to advertise traditionally only hurts a startup / young / not widely know company. Demand needs to be established in order to create supply strains. That's why it takes over 5 years to start even seeing a 5% profit, if you're lucky, in the automotive aftermarket game. 35% of SEMA participants are proof that charging too much, too soon, will kill your expectations of being successful.
Sponsored