John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone!

I have been contacted finally to make my order again and submit it for 2022. I have a feeling that again, my bronco won’t make it this year. However, my original order was a 2021 2-door Basequatch 2.7L, with the bash plates/modular bumper.

over the past year I have seen people on here post some of their broncos, and now I might change my order. I kind of think I might just go ahead and keep my order to the most basic order, and really save money. I’m thinking of possibly just keeping it a base order 2-door with manual, adding just the rubber mats and maybe the bash plates.
Then look up some place for 30 or 32 inch tires, same specs as the black diamond - as they should work with this base, via the specs on both the models.

reasons are that I want to save a bit of money, I also will be happy with the little bit of extra lift from the tires, and then I’ll take it out off roading on simple trails - I’ve never gone off-roading. I also genuinely enjoy manuals, and the reviews for the manual seem to be extremely impressive.

I would like genuine opinions about this route. To add on, I plan on keeping the bronco for its lifetime. Would this all be a bad idea? Or keep my original order?
Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello everyone!

I have been contacted finally to make my order again and submit it for 2022. I have a feeling that again, my bronco won’t make it this year. However, my original order was a 2021 2-door Basequatch 2.7L, with the bash plates/modular bumper.

over the past year I have seen people on here post some of their broncos, and now I might change my order. I kind of think I might just go ahead and keep my order to the most basic order, and really save money. I’m thinking of possibly just keeping it a base order 2-door with manual, adding just the rubber mats and maybe the bash plates.
Then look up some place for 30 or 32 inch tires, same specs as the black diamond - as they should work with this base, via the specs on both the models.

reasons are that I want to save a bit of money, I also will be happy with the little bit of extra lift from the tires, and then I’ll take it out off roading on simple trails - I’ve never gone off-roading. I also genuinely enjoy manuals, and the reviews for the manual seem to be extremely impressive.

I would like genuine opinions about this route. To add on, I plan on keeping the bronco for its lifetime. Would this all be a bad idea? Or keep my original order?
dumping the squatch will save you about $7k which is a nice chunk of change. The base is more than capable off road. I'm sure there are a lot of us on here who have had an old jeeps with nothing more than manual 4 wheel drive. The base is a lot more advanced than those old jeeps.

Question though, why did your dealer just contact you now to place your order. MY22 order banks opened in October. They should have called you then.

Last edited:

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

save your money on the floor mats. just get the carpet ones that are not extra and come standard, then buy a set of Weather Techs.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Order whatever you want.
2. Start making your estimated payments into a bank account.
3. By the time your order is delivered, you will have enough saved up for a Squatched Badlands.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you like manual transmissions, you are going to love this one. I was mentally back and forth between the manual and the 2.7 with the auto. In the end, the 7 speed won out. I was still unsure until I actually got to drive it. The 2.3 with the 7 speed exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier that I stuck with weekday I really wanted.

OP
OP

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
dumping the squatch will save you about $7k which is a nice chunk of change. The base is more than capable off road. I'm sure there are a lot of us on here who have had an old jeeps with nothing more than manual 4 wheel drive. The base is more than capable of going offroad.

Question though, why did your dealer just contact you now to place your order. MY22 order banks opened in October. They should have called you then.
To be quite frank, I’m not sure why they just decided to contact me. Back in September Ford sent me an email saying that month I should be contacted by my dealer about 2022, and it never happened 🤷‍♂️ I am not pressed on having a car either, so I figured at some point someone will call, and here’s February 2022, almost 1 year away from my original order date.

I appreciate the feedback, I feel like since I’m new to off roading, that maybe the Sasquatch would be amazing if I was experienced, yet I’m not. Kind of like buying the best and most expensive golf clubs, wardrobe, etc, but only playing at Top Golf hahaha - sure it’s nice, and will last a lifetime, but as a first timer, perhaps something nice yet not crazy. Like I’m going to use it as a daily too, so it still works out fine.

OP
OP

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
save your money on the floor mats. just get the carpet ones that are not extra and come standard, then buy a set of Weather Techs.
Not a bad idea, I’ll probably do that and just get aux switches instead of the mats too

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m following the same route. 2 door base, manual transmission, already bought a set of the Black Diamond wheels and tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you like manual transmissions, you are going to love this one. I was mentally back and forth between the manual and the 2.7 with the auto. In the end, the 7 speed won out. I was still unsure until I actually got to drive it. The 2.3 with the 7 speed exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier that I stuck with weekday I really wanted.
Yeah this was the exact debate I’ve been having. Even though my original order was auto 2.7, it was like I regretted it after 4 months passed from the reviews that I’ve seen on here and through other reviewers over the manual. I’m glad that you’re able to vouch for it too, I don’t think I’ve really read or seen any bad reviews about the manual, other than having to basically get used to the shifter - even then, that’s with just about any manual.

Okstate1010

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be quite frank, I’m not sure why they just decided to contact me. Back in September Ford sent me an email saying that month I should be contacted by my dealer about 2022, and it never happened 🤷‍♂️ I am not pressed on having a car either, so I figured at some point someone will call, and here’s February 2022, almost 1 year away from my original order date.

I appreciate the feedback, I feel like since I’m new to off roading, that maybe the Sasquatch would be amazing if I was experienced, yet I’m not. Kind of like buying the best and most expensive golf clubs, wardrobe, etc, but only playing at Top Golf hahaha - sure it’s nice, and will last a lifetime, but as a first timer, perhaps something nice yet not crazy. Like I’m going to use it as a daily too, so it still works out fine.
I’d personally go for the basesquatch, better to have it and never need it than figure out you really enjoy wheelin, wish you did get it and have to mod it aftermarket for more money without warranty. Agree with everyone on the aux switches for sure, they should just be standard on all Broncos.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone!

Sounds like a good option. I would spend the $ and spec the Aux Switches. Everyone I've watched on videos & listened to says, hands down, they're well worth the dollars vs. aftermarket DIY.
Sponsored