First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As I am slowly shopping for a replacement to the pointlessly totaled Familytruckster I have been “offered” a Bronco as an alternative to what I inquired about.

It has happened twice and a third dealer sent me an auto-generated email that had two Broncos listed on it with price reductions. One being new and the other used.

I’m shopping for a used Expedition Max or Yukon XL and the offer of the Broncos was weird. At least to me. Not exactly a comparable car. One dealer was very…I don’t want to say aggressive, but for sure excited and persistent about touting the Bronco instead.

They were fairly easy builds from the quick look I took at them. And these are from dealers all over the country as I don’t mind traveling for a car.
Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love my Expedition, still hoping for the Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Loved my Expy XL when we got it. But now that the kids are mostly out of the house, my 2-door Bronco is much better.

Buy what works for your family.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man those are totally different vehicles than a bronco. We had two expeditions and loved them but also had 4 kids to haul around then. Now we only have one kid that dosent drive and the bronco is a much more fun vehicle the the expedition and we just dont need a truck that big. All about your needs only you can determine that.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve already got my 4 door Bronco. What a nightmare for getting the family somewhere together. My Expedition EL was totaled by a deer last month and am slowly shopping for its replacement.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve already got my 4 door Bronco. What a nightmare for getting the family somewhere together. My Expedition EL was totaled by a deer last month and am slowly shopping for its replacement.
How often to do you take everyone at the same time?

In my case, it’s two weeks a year maximum, so I usually rent a Suburban from Enterprise for that brief time.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

In my case, it’s two weeks a year maximum, so I usually rent a Suburban from Enterprise for that brief time.
+1 you don’t HAVE to own a clown car just to move your family around once in a while. But if it’s immediate family I guess it makes sense.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

As often as I want. If I only had to have one car the Expedition would beat the Bronco without a contest. But that’s not the point of this thread. I’m surprised that dealers are now “pushing” some Broncos when they are not what is inquired about.

Edit for grammar and ad this: And when markups on Broncos was/is common.

Last edited:

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As often as I want. If I only had to have one car the Expedition would beat the Bronco without a contest. But that’s not the point of this thread. I’m surprised that dealers are now “pushing” some Broncos for same when they are not what is inquired about.
It’s pretty common for dealers to try and sell you cars you don’t want. I’m not sure why you’re bothering to tell everyone about this.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
+1 you don’t HAVE to own a clown car just to move your family around once in a while. But if it’s immediate family I guess it makes sense.
Exactly. Driving an 8 seater as a daily makes sense if you're using the seats on a regular basis, but it costs you a lot of fun if you only pack them on vacation.

Could be worse. Could be a Sprinter van!

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah my Expedition EL was awesome. I miss it, especially because I think USAA totaling was a waste. But I did not want to go through the hassle of the rebuild and branded title. Such is life. It did everything I asked of it and needed it to do. I really liked it.

My 4-door Bronco is great, but it isn't big enough for moving everyone. Doing it once was enough, the kids packed three across in the backseat was a hard sell. We were going to use my big silly truck but it has less internal cab room and I may be weird but I didn't want to put my dog in the capped bed with the bitter cold temps.

Loved my Expy XL when we got it. But now that the kids are mostly out of the house, my 2-door Bronco is much better.

Buy what works for your family.
Do you mean EL or Max? With the ecoboost they are great cars, I wouldn't want one with the 3V. lol

Man those are totally different vehicles than a bronco. We had two expeditions and loved them but also had 4 kids to haul around then. Now we only have one kid that dosent drive and the bronco is a much more fun vehicle the the expedition and we just dont need a truck that big. All about your needs only you can determine that.
Agreed, just struck me as odd the Bronco has come up as an alternative as it seems they are still rather hard to come by. The prices on them seemed a bit high but I don't think they were big mark ups on them. I guess it seems Broncos may be hard to move now? I'm not sure but it seems that mark up and scarcity is still the norm. Hence my surprise.

As others said, I agree the Expedition was a great car, I need the space for my kiddos and will happily buy another. Once I find the one I want. I am taking it very slow as I just have a feeling the used car market prices are going to drop.

Ford Bronco Shopping For Other Car, Broncos Being Offered 2
Ford Bronco Shopping For Other Car, Broncos Being Offered 3
Ford Bronco Shopping For Other Car, Broncos Being Offered 4

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 4-door Bronco is great
Seems like most are glossing over the fact that you still have a Bronco. Oh, and car salesmans trying to sell you something other than what you are looking for is not exactly breaking news. They don't care what your wants and needs are. They just want to make a sale and probably figure they can easily sell you the hot new thing.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We love our Expedition as well. It's a '22 Platinum Max, with all the toys.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seems like most are glossing over the fact that you still have a Bronco. Oh, and car salesmans trying to sell you something other than what you are looking for is not exactly breaking news. They don't care what your wants and needs are. They just want to make a sale and probably figure they can easily sell you the hot new thing.
Absolutely agree. Maybe it is just me that finds its surprising that it was not an isolated thing to see the Bronco being offered. And maybe I am reading too much into it that something that seems so hard to get is being offered as an alternative. 🤷 And I do dig my Bronco greatly, it just does do everything I need it to.

We love our Expedition as well. It's a '22 Platinum Max, with all the toys.
They do look very nice, but I cannot bring myself to even remotely consider nearing $100k for a new one, when I can find a few years old optioned the same for half the price. Heck I'm even looking higher miled than I normally would at the moment because of the, IMHO, stupid high prices for used cars. :)
Sponsored