Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
While we are all waiting for the b&p tool, fighting over problems that do not exist yet. I though it would be talk about something positive.

I feel this is a great representation of old vs new.
Classic-Ford-Broncos-1968-Ford-Bronco-Vail-Build-1.jpg
2021-ford-bronco.jpg

I think the designers did a great job!
Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mountain Bronco

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes they did!

I also wouldn’t mind a little Bronco (new script) badging on the fender like the original
I was thinking the same. I actually looked up some suppliers. They all have have plastic "pegs" on the back of the script emblem to insert into holes in the fenders. I thought maybe to sand off the "pegs" and use some type of adhesive. I then was afraid the adhesive would ruin paint.

Let me know if anyone have insight on attaching vehicle emblems.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As the owner of 3 EBs (69,76 and 77) I am ecstatic about the 6G. The EBs are getting so expensive and so unobtanimum that it is becoming depressing to drive. There is no replacement back to original, they lack good road manors, they have become collector cars and not daily drivers. Sure there are drivers out there, but I could never let myself not fix this or that... A fender bender could total it.

I am very much looking forward to the style of the EB with the amenities, reliability and practicality of the 6G. When fully restored examples are pushing $60k-100k or more,a 6G is more appealing to me. Sure I would like a 77' EB or a 64.5' Mustang to concourse level, but the 6G is just more practical for me. I will get more enjoyment out of it.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While we are all waiting for the b&p tool, fighting over problems that do not exist yet. I though it would be talk about something positive.

Ford Bronco OG vs Modern 2021-ford-bronco
Ford Bronco OG vs Modern 2021-ford-bronco

The single most critical aspect of reprising a legend is getting the look just right. Not an easy thing to do when mixing old and new. But I gotta say ford knocked it out of the park. Their emphasis, as it should have been, was on the original generation model. It would have been interesting if they had made the splash guards an option so that some folks could keep the stock look of the '66 to'77. I hope they make the bumper on the cyber colored model in the photo an option. It appeas to be a one off since it has both LED fogs and tow hooks. None of the trims thus far show both in the same bumper.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking the same. I actually looked up some suppliers. They all have have plastic "pegs" on the back of the script emblem to insert into holes in the fenders. I thought maybe to sand off the "pegs" and use some type of adhesive. I then was afraid the adhesive would ruin paint.

Let me know if anyone have insight on attaching vehicle emblems.
I believe the standard trim badges (OBX, Badlands, etc) will use 3M adhesive that won’t ruin the paint

Lots of car badges are held on by adhesive these days. Shouldn’t be too hard for us to find

Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco OG vs Modern 2021-ford-bronco-vintage-renderings
Ford Bronco OG vs Modern 2021-ford-bronco-vintage-renderings

Occasionally I wonder if I want a 4 door. Then I see images like these and think, "Not a chance"!

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford did an AMAZING job sticking to the original DNA. There are a few people who seem to think it should have been built on a F150 frame or something (complaining it is too short) but that is crazy. The original Bronco was not a 'big' vehicle. Personally keeping the Bronco between 14-16' was exactly the right call and stays true to the smaller boxier look of the original. Ford knocked it out of the park. Just like with the 'retro' Mustang originally, Ford will set the course for other manufacturers.

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they did!

I also wouldn’t mind a little Bronco (new script) badging on the fender like the original
Agree! New Heritage edition Land Cruisers have the old style "Land Cruiser" script -- very cool!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
someone else on the forum photoshopped one. I don't know if the proportions are accurate, but I think the EB had slightly more placement room in that area.

Ford Bronco OG vs Modern 1599339165912

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the owner of 3 EBs (69,76 and 77) I am ecstatic about the 6G. The EBs are getting so expensive and so unobtanimum that it is becoming depressing to drive. There is no replacement back to original, they lack good road manors, they have become collector cars and not daily drivers. Sure there are drivers out there, but I could never let myself not fix this or that... A fender bender could total it.

I am very much looking forward to the style of the EB with the amenities, reliability and practicality of the 6G. When fully restored examples are pushing $60k-100k or more,a 6G is more appealing to me. Sure I would like a 77' EB or a 64.5' Mustang to concourse level, but the 6G is just more practical for me. I will get more enjoyment out of it.
Absolutely. I would love to have another EB (Had a 76), but would be too worried to actually use it on the trail. The stock model 20 xfer case was not geared nealy low enough and the steel on those trucks was pretty thin walled. They loved to rust out the floor boards.
I'm with you, the new gen will be better all around for being able to actually use and enjoy the truck, while looking amazing & similar enough to the original.
Sponsored