Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi guys,

Trying to get some advice from those who may have bought a bronco while waiting for they’re order. I got a good deal on a carbonized gray OBX while waiting for my cactus gray BD. My BD is finally built and awaiting shipment. My question is.. did you privately sell one before or trade in the other at the dealership? Or did you “buy” both and then try to sell one? I financed and will have to again.

Im having a hard time deciding which one I want because there’s pros to the OBX like the sig. LED lights and painted body but the BD as the interior and grill I like.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I like the wheels better in the OBX. Are people switching things out?

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If your main concerns are purely cosmetic like you mentioned, just let the BD go.
I mean yes and no because the BD grill/bumper, MGV, and switches I favor more than my cloth Obx. It’s more if people are swapping things or how they’re going about selling the other.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I like the wheels better in the OBX. Are people switching things out?
I would take delivery of both and swap the components to create your own Franken-Bronco. I have a friend who did that with her OBX/BD. She kept the OBX grill and headlights and changed them on her BD. She sold the OBX to Carvana for a hefty premium with the mismatched BD parts. She has since bought another OBX and swapped the upgraded wheels from her BD on to the OBX. She sold the Franken-BD to a friend for a premium over msrp. She's on her third Bronco with a 4th on order which will be an Everglades (I think).

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'd be wise to get estimates on your OBX from your dealer, Carvana and Zoom before you make up your mind on what to do.

Also, Keep in mind you can swap the signature lights onto your BD (if you get a grille from a signature lighted vehicle too) if you decide to get the BD. You can also swap fender flares with someone to get the painted OBX flares. And you can swap OBX rims onto the BD if you want. Plenty of people are selling OBX take-offs since they seem to be the least preferred wheels.....

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you already have one, why would you want to go through the hassle of financing a second time and trying to find someone to buy the one you originally ordered? You're not going to make out that well trying to find someone to pay your sales tax and then waiting to get the title from the bank. You're basically going to have to mark it up with your own ADM just to make a grand or two. Your only viable option is to trade it in for the one you ordered when it arrives.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would take delivery of both and swap the components to create your own Franken-Bronco. I have a friend who did that with her OBX/BD. She kept the OBX grill and headlights and changed them on her BD. She sold the OBX to Carvana for a hefty premium with the mismatched BD parts. She has since bought another OBX and swapped the upgraded wheels from her BD on to the OBX. She sold the Franken-BD to a friend for a premium over msrp. She's on her third Bronco with a 4th on order which will be an Everglades (I think).
Okay great I’m glad someone made a franken-bronco and was still able to sell it. That’s kind of what I wanted to do but was afraid it wouldn’t be the same.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you already have one, why would you want to go through the hassle of financing a second time and trying to find someone to buy the one you originally ordered? You're not going to make out that well trying to find someone to pay your sales tax and then waiting to get the title from the bank. You're basically going to have to mark it up with your own ADM just to make a grand or two. Your only viable option is to trade it in for the one you ordered when it arrives.
Yeah I think I’m going to see what my dealership offers. It would be a hassle just depends on what someone will be willing to buy it for.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'd be wise to get estimates on your OBX from your dealer, Carvana and Zoom before you make up your mind on what to do.

Also, Keep in mind you can swap the signature lights onto your BD (if you get a grille from a signature lighted vehicle too) if you decide to get the BD. You can also swap fender flares with someone to get the painted OBX flares. And you can swap OBX rims onto the BD if you want. Plenty of people are selling OBX take-offs since they seem to be the least preferred wheels.....
Cool I’ve seen posts about swapping lights so maybe I’ll do that for my BD before getting rid of the OBX
Sponsored