First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here's the story, I bought an automatic dual zone HVAC switch. It came from an F 150. ONly visible difference was a truck icon instead of the bronco icon. changed it out, ez-pz. Only issue, the colder you set it, the hotter it gets, like backwards. I tried the forscan stuff i thought might fix it but no go. Replaced the factory switch back into the slot and it blows cold ac and hot heater like it's supposed to...
can anyone tell me what needs to be set in forscan to get this to work???? I like the digital temp in the knobs, only reason i changed.. i compared it to a 2021 LUX but still only heat???? Help? Please?
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flip your positive and negative wires on the new switch.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would just buy the dual zone HVAC controls for the Bronco. It was only removed for MY22. They brought it back for MY23.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

???????????? explain........
DC...If things are the opposite of what you expect put the positive wire where the negative is and the negative where the positive is.

I have 12v fans that if you swap the leads they will turn in the opposite direction.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have auto temp control before or trying to add it? If you are going manual to auto thats a tall order. Alot is different with the harnesses.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Flip your positive and negative wires on the new switch.
It’s a module, not a switch. You can’t just swap power and ground.

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have tried the same thing
with a bronco unit and got the same result. Have tried several forscan changes but the results are the same. I did successfully pull this of in my 2016 gt350 and plenty have done it on the 15-17 f150 but something is different in the bronco with sync 4

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some speculate you need to flash the module which I don't have the equipment to do

OP
OP
Medic2586

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you have auto temp control before or trying to add it? If you are going manual to auto thats a tall order. Alot is different with the harnesses.
YES SIR...everything worked fine, dual climate control, cold and hot. changed out and now all hot????

i think there has to be something to change in forscan that would rectify this.... FORD Techs?
I'm not trying to get anything that my bronco does not have other than ford, for some reason, changed from the digital display knob for one year (2022), had it in '21, not on '22 and brought it back for '23
HELP please?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some speculate you need to flash the module which I don't have the equipment to do
YES SIR...everything worked fine, dual climate control, cold and hot. changed out and now all hot????

i think there has to be something to change in forscan that would rectify this.... FORD Techs?
I'm not trying to get anything that my bronco does not have other than ford, for some reason, changed from the digital display knob for one year (2022), had it in '21, not on '22 and brought it back for '23
HELP please?
The new module needs to be programmed and configured. It will not work correctly by just plugging in a completely different one.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would just buy the dual zone HVAC controls for the Bronco. It was only removed for MY22. They brought it back for MY23.

I have dz in my '22?

You may be confused with the one that has the temp readout on the dials - I don't have that...

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be clear; your bronco had dual climate but did not have the readouts in the dials, and you are putting a dual climate unit out of an F150 that does have readouts in the dials in and you get the hot/cold reverse issue you described?

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If your bronco came with Auto temp but no readouts in the dial and you are just trying to add in a new unit WITH the readouts in the dials, there are guys on here who have successfully done that, but I’m pretty sure they used a bronco HVAC module. My 22 raptor F150 came without the dial readouts and I successfully added a Module in that did have readouts and got it to work correctly. You will need to use FORSCAN to get the swap to work. In my Raptor I just had to rewrite my factory code to the new module (had to do it twice for some reason) and it works perfect.

NOW, what I have tried to do in my bronco is add Auto climate to my base, and no matter what I have tried I get the same result you are getting; turn temp down and it gets hotter, turn temp up and it gets colder. If your getting those results just trying to get temp in the dials that’s interesting.
Sponsored