Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are they a vendor on this board? I've been trying to swap out my hidden winch mount that a buddy got me which is for the standard bumper, but then RC came out with the one for the modular bumper so I want to try and exchange mine. Can't get a hold of them via phone or email.

LOL I just got them on the phone and they said since it's been 90 days I need to sell mine private party and order a new one.... yeah let me just find someone wanting to put a winch on a standard bumper real quick. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fishman

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GTI, Boston Whaler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got a Rough Country hidden winch plate on my 22 Outer Banks 2.7 with LUX package. It does not interfere with any of the sensors, and took about 5 hours for a local shop to do the work. The only thing I can't figure out is how to access the switch on the winch for freespool.

Also added a 2" Ready Lift and 295/70/18's Falken Wildpeaks on the standard rims.

PXL_20220731_001425049.jpg

PXL_20220731_001439417.jpg

PXL_20220731_003820211.jpg

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

Fishman

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you, I saw that video from North Shore. I wish that would work, but with the 2.7, there isn't room, you can't even see the switch at all. I am going to see if I might be able to rig something up with a cable of some sort.

Sponsored
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you, I saw that video from North Shore. I wish that would work, but with the 2.7, there isn't room, you can't even see the switch at all. I am going to see if I might be able to rig something up with a cable of some sort.
I’m looking at the RC Hidden Winch as well because it looks so clean! But am having the same concerns. Please keep us updated.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got a Rough Country hidden winch plate on my 22 Outer Banks 2.7 with LUX package. It does not interfere with any of the sensors, and took about 5 hours for a local shop to do the work. The only thing I can't figure out is how to access the switch on the winch for freespool.

Also added a 2" Ready Lift and 295/70/18's Falken Wildpeaks on the standard rims.

Ford Bronco On Sale: RC Hidden Winch 2.7 PXL_20220731_003820211

Have you figured out how to access the switch yet?

Fishman

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you figured out how to access the switch yet?
Not yet, I called RC, and they basically confirmed that the only option is to power in and out. Not such a big deal, because it is for emergency use and I don't anticipate that a few extra minutes to power out is going to affect the situation much. I haven't had time to take off the skid plate yet to see if a push/pull type of cable set up would work. I don't see any reason it wouldn't, just needs some time and creativity to figure it out. Right now it is low on the priority list.

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone looking for one in Southern California, I decided to go a different route and have mine for sale for $300. Still in the box.
Sponsored