First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer told me that even though the hardtop is no longer on the constraint list, ordering it will still significantly affect delivery time. No clue if this is true.
Mine checked yesterday and said the hardtop is still on the constraint list...
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine checked yesterday and said the hardtop is still on the constraint list...
Thanks - good to know I ordered without but eventually I’ll be wanting one. Aftermarket might offer great solutions I guess.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice... any regrets with your order then, after some re-world use? I've never used any PPF in the past, so figured the factory option would give me a sample to see if it's worth adding to some other areas, or if it bugs me, hopefully it can be heated up and removed fairly easily... But that's where I'm hoping to hear from someone that has received it. I guess I have tome to edit that also of course.

I'm not willing (or wealthy enough) to pay the ADM or re-seller prices. Luckily I'm not up against a deadline or "need" it soon. In fact, would not want it to arrive before this Fall, but sounds like it may be later. Guess that will allow me some time to save more for the BL package, in theory. My older Expedition EL only has 140K miles and still going strong and 2 of my kids are 18, so family road trips are becoming much more infrequent. Certainly not a direct replacement, but the Bronco is meant to be phased in as life changes.
I don’t have any regrets with getting the Badlands High package over the Black Diamond no package, that extra $8500 is money well spent on worthwhile upgrades. Figure in buying new wheels and tires for the Black Diamond and the difference is probably $6500 net. I do love the 12” screen compared to the 8” in my work truck. The rest of the interior is less impressive since it’s the same as lower trims.

My truck is up for sale if I can make some money on it, if not I’m happy to keep it. It’s not a regret, but the Badlands package is way overkill for anything I can do offroad within 4 hours of where I live. I originally spec’ed Badlands when I was living in AZ and had amazing off-roading minutes from the house. The only off-roading near me in MA is the beach, and people do that in a Subaru. Seeing all of the Base builds with 33” tires and some basic add ons has been a reality check that I could’ve had a truck capable of doing everything I needed and saved $15K. As a third vehicle in our house, the Base seems like the more responsible choice. If either of us were daily driving it I wouldn’t give it a second thought and would stick with Badlands High for the extra safety systems and advanced transfer case.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
good youtube video just posted from texas ford dealer.

said 2 month chip delay. also said if you want your vehicle quicker, dont order MIC top, trailer tow, and for sure dont order the paint protection film, they said ford can only make 2% of orders with the paint film. He even mentioned sasquatch package might cause you delay

OP
OP
Fillups

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t have any regrets with getting the Badlands High package over the Black Diamond no package, that extra $8500 is money well spent on worthwhile upgrades. Figure in buying new wheels and tires for the Black Diamond and the difference is probably $6500 net. I do love the 12” screen compared to the 8” in my work truck. The rest of the interior is less impressive since it’s the same as lower trims.

My truck is up for sale if I can make some money on it, if not I’m happy to keep it. It’s not a regret, but the Badlands package is way overkill for anything I can do offroad within 4 hours of where I live. I originally spec’ed Badlands when I was living in AZ and had amazing off-roading minutes from the house. The only off-roading near me in MA is the beach, and people do that in a Subaru. Seeing all of the Base builds with 33” tires and some basic add ons has been a reality check that I could’ve had a truck capable of doing everything I needed and saved $15K. As a third vehicle in our house, the Base seems like the more responsible choice. If either of us were daily driving it I wouldn’t give it a second thought and would stick with Badlands High for the extra safety systems and advanced transfer case.
Thanks for the details and first hand perspective. When I was comparing BD to BL builds, I added the part-time 4x4 system and alum wheels (even though I'm not in love with the all black upgrade option for BD). So the diff was only $7K or so, but still a big price diff. And like you mentioned, I live in Ohio where you don't find people filming their YT off road channels. But I do like the features of the BL and tend to keep my vehicles long-term so the higher price now would be cheaper than trading again in 4 or 5 years.

Some of the constraints seem odd to worry about (like PPF) when thinking about my build being 8 to 12 months in the future. Or from what I've seen from others, as it gets closer, you would get the opportunity to drop couple options if notified by Ford that is the only thing keeping it from getting scheduled. Looks like I'm down to Rails and the entry keypad only...
I have an appt to meet at dealership tomorrow and now expect to hear they may not even want to log a new order based on latest rumors. What a process...
Sponsored