Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi all, I'm getting close to placing an order for what will hopefully be a '22 model... I have played on the build-and-price site more than I like to admit, even to myself. And yes, watched a lot of YT videos as well. Got to drive a 4-door BB at a local dealer, 4-door, auto, soft top. Planning to order 2-door with 2.3L and Manual. Non-Sas. Leaning toward Badlands to get the High Pkg and retain the MT. Backup plan would be Black Diamond with after-market heated seats and wheels (someday).

Looking for a little guidance on what options to order vs. install myself later: On either BD or BL, the add-on items I have spec'd would be the same:

Tow pkg - I have come to terms with installing this myself since there are instructions out now and appears to be cheaper. Unless by the time my build date comes around, the constraint list could change, right?

PPF - I have read this is also a constraint, but the OEM price is pretty appealing compared to what I've seen from folks that have gone to the aftermarket. And I'm not looking to cover the entire thing - the factory choice seems to cover the most-chipped areas, leading edges. Worth the $295? Anyone had it and would suggest if so?

Roof rails / cross bars - Don't need them "right away" - but appears there is not an obvious A/M equivalent and like the looks of this option on the 2-door especially. Order with the truck vs. later? Price diff?

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you order a BL with High package you not going get it in 2022 and maybe not in 2023 if you want a 2022 order a plain base or hope to find what you want a dealers lot .

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest regret is not getting the 12" screen... lol.

Most of the other stuff (tow/PPF) can be added with little cost (especially on the tow package) after purchase.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand PPF on an off-road vehicle. Do any mild wheeling and the paint will get scratched. If you don't need trailer brakes then an aftermarket tow receiver makes sense. A Black Diamond will arrive sooner than a Badlands; less chips.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, I'm getting close to placing an order for what will hopefully be a '22 model... I have played on the build-and-price site more than I like to admit, even to myself. And yes, watched a lot of YT videos as well. Got to drive a 4-door BB at a local dealer, 4-door, auto, soft top. Planning to order 2-door with 2.3L and Manual. Non-Sas. Leaning toward Badlands to get the High Pkg and retain the MT. Backup plan would be Black Diamond with after-market heated seats and wheels (someday).

Looking for a little guidance on what options to order vs. install myself later: On either BD or BL, the add-on items I have spec'd would be the same:

Tow pkg - I have come to terms with installing this myself since there are instructions out now and appears to be cheaper. Unless by the time my build date comes around, the constraint list could change, right?

PPF - I have read this is also a constraint, but the OEM price is pretty appealing compared to what I've seen from folks that have gone to the aftermarket. And I'm not looking to cover the entire thing - the factory choice seems to cover the most-chipped areas, leading edges. Worth the $295? Anyone had it and would suggest if so?

Roof rails / cross bars - Don't need them "right away" - but appears there is not an obvious A/M equivalent and like the looks of this option on the 2-door especially. Order with the truck vs. later? Price diff?

My dealer told me that even though the hardtop is no longer on the constraint list, ordering it will still significantly affect delivery time. No clue if this is true.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a two door BL in 2022 is a real stretch for a walk in order (or a year old order for that matter), if you hit the trifecta (dealer with gobs of allocations (and they clear most of their reservations out), have barely any of the trim you choose ordered through them, and Ford starts making two doors in much higher volume), it is theoretically possible you could get a 2022, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. Ford has already scheduled production for a not insignificant portion of the model year. Best bet is to pony up an extra $10000 or so and see if you can get lucky finding a BL on a lot somewhere in the Country where people with deeper pockets than you have missed.

Other than that, 2023 seems a much more likely possibility. Bottom line it is more likely your order today for a BL arrives as a 2024MY than a 2022MY. My guess with medium allocations and so forth is that you are looking at a late 2023MY.

To answer your actual question; the items you listed will probably be available by the time you get to the front of the line. Will make no difference either way on if you keep them or not.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want it in 2022, better find one off a lot and pay the ADM. I would say 2023 if you order now. I'm hopeful for a 2022 but almost expect a 2023 with a second day reservation and all of the delays.

Good luck!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about a 2 door BL 7MT vs a 2 door Base Manual Sasquatch?
which gets built sooner?

Op, I’m kind of in the same dilemma and leaning towards just ordering what I want and waiting, maybe getting something else while I wait.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t skip the 12” screen. Badlands adds the HD front axle , front locker and stay bar disconnect. All very hard to duplicate in the aftermarket for anywhere near the same cost. As long as it’s not a need to have now, order what you want and wait 🤤 I did install the factory hitch and controller to avoid delays. I also say that having mine delivered 7.5.21 with the hard top and high package (4dr badlands 2.7), so I am sure I would be going crazy by now if I was still waiting.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you want my exact build. Order what you want and wait accordingly or check the classifieds if you’re willing to pay ADM price. I ordered tow and skipped PPF and roof bars at the recommendation of the dealer. PPF is more expensive to add later, but the factory coverage looks very limited. Definitely order the roof bars if you want them, they are very expensive to add later.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of the options you listed can easily be added after you receive. Order the options that you can't easily install or are cost prohibitive to add later. Gears, axles, lockers, etc are expensive to change later.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy the 12” screen for sure. It’s amazing.
I would also definitely buy the roof rack. I did not need mine right away, so it’s currently stored in the garage. I believe it was a $300 option, but anything comparable on the aftermarket will cost between $1500 to $2500. The after market options make it possible to remove the center hardtop panel with the rack in place. That’s not possible with the factory rack. The factory rack
Is made extremely well. It’s all aluminum construction with plastic caps to cover bolts. It is very easy to remove and reinstall.

OP
OP
Fillups

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My biggest regret is not getting the 12" screen... lol.

Most of the other stuff (tow/PPF) can be added with little cost (especially on the tow package) after purchase.
Right !?! Some part of me hates that I even want the 12" screen - especially in this type of rugged SUV / truck. But when I see it, I can already tell I'll wish I had it if I don't. I have an older Expedition with the backup camera up in the rear view mirror. Still works fine, but I wish it were bigger.

I don't understand PPF on an off-road vehicle. Do any mild wheeling and the paint will get scratched. If you don't need trailer brakes then an aftermarket tow receiver makes sense. A Black Diamond will arrive sooner than a Badlands; less chips.
I"m sure there will be scratches from trails eventually, but I figured given the price of the factory option, it may help reduce paint chips up front, assuming it's well applied, quality, etc.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The PPF is not for the full vehicle, only covers a few selected areas of the front and rear corners, so comparing with the cost of a full PPF wrap is apples vs. oranges.

OP
OP
Fillups

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like you want my exact build. Order what you want and wait accordingly or check the classifieds if you’re willing to pay ADM price. I ordered tow and skipped PPF and roof bars at the recommendation of the dealer. PPF is more expensive to add later, but the factory coverage looks very limited. Definitely order the roof bars if you want them, they are very expensive to add later.
Nice... any regrets with your order then, after some re-world use?
I've never used any PPF in the past, so figured the factory option would give me a sample to see if it's worth adding to some other areas, or if it bugs me, hopefully it can be heated up and removed fairly easily... But that's where I'm hoping to hear from someone that has received it. I guess I have tome to edit that also of course.

I'm not willing (or wealthy enough) to pay the ADM or re-seller prices. Luckily I'm not up against a deadline or "need" it soon. In fact, would not want it to arrive before this Fall, but sounds like it may be later. Guess that will allow me some time to save more for the BL package, in theory. My older Expedition EL only has 140K miles and still going strong and 2 of my kids are 18, so family road trips are becoming much more infrequent. Certainly not a direct replacement, but the Bronco is meant to be phased in as life changes.
Sponsored

Last edited: