DrHam

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi SQ8, 2012 Audi R8 6MT Spyder, 2DBronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello I cracked my right rear signature LED tail light and ordered Oracle LED smoked flushmount tail lights as replacements; I hope to do the install quickly but I was curious if someone could explain if (and why) I may need a forscan to reprogram these lights once installed? I don't own a forscan unfortunately
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak has the sig tails, so it has a separate signal going to the brake and the amber turn.
Oracles use the same perimeter light to do both (they do not have separate lights for brake/turn).
So you have to go in and change the Forscan setting to send both signals to the same light on each respective side.

Necronomicon

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe its due to the computer reading different voltages to the lights. The oracal lights work on the higher voltage factory halogen setting and will cause the bronco system to think theres a light out or malfunction as its looking for the low voltage draw of the favtory DRL. Forscan is pretty and the dongle is about 26 bucks

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello I cracked my right rear signature LED tail light and ordered Oracle LED smoked flushmount tail lights as replacements; I hope to do the install quickly but I was curious if someone could explain if (and why) I may need a forscan to reprogram these lights once installed? I don't own a forscan unfortunately
If you add the Amber modules found here https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...-led-module-for-ford-bronco-flush-tail-lights then you get the Amber turn signals back and no reprogramming is required.

OP
OP
DrHam

DrHam

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi SQ8, 2012 Audi R8 6MT Spyder, 2DBronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Attachments

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you add the Amber modules found here https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...-led-module-for-ford-bronco-flush-tail-lights then you get the Amber turn signals back and no reprogramming is required.
Hmmm......So this post just confused me (I Just got the Tail lights myself).....I AM going to purchase the Amber/white ADD-ON. My Bronco HAS Factory LED tailights. So what you are saying is that IF I install the amber/white module I DO NOT need Forscan at all? Literally Plug-and-Play? No need to change anything at all from a programming standpoint? As I assume the installation of the additional module brings the ORACLE Tail lights "back to the original functionally" of the factory tail lights.

Correct? Please clarify if I am wrong. Sorry but this can all get very confusing :oops:

I ask this because in the Install video the guy does go into Forscan and also states - "Details about the 1 Forscan change you need to make for the new Amber / White Module from Oracle for Bronco Flush Tail Lights. The only change you need to make is to go to the BdyCM (Body Control Module) and find "Rear LED Turn Outage" and change it from Enabled (1) to Disabled (0)."

And in your instructions, on your website, in your link above, the very last step in the install says "Forscan flash required" as well.....SO - when you say in the above quote that "....no reprogramming is required."......

Last edited:

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And in your instructions, on your website, in your link above, the very last step in the install says "Forscan flash required" as well.....SO - when you say in the above quote that "....no reprogramming is required."......
PDF instructions were uploaded before the Amber modules were released so we will get that updated, thanks for pointing this out!

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

PDF instructions were uploaded before the Amber modules were released so we will get that updated, thanks for pointing this out!
I say hire me as a product tester and systems reviewer! :) and you still didn't answer the question directly - I DO NEED Forscan yes? and that video is correct? If I HAVE the amber add-on then I ONLY make one change in the programming.

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I say hire me as a product tester and systems reviewer! :) and you still didn't answer the question directly - I DO NEED Forscan yes? and that video is correct? If I HAVE the amber add-on then I ONLY make one change in the programming.
Right, so basically if you have the LED tail lights you have a separate wire for the Amber lights, the for scan flash is there to switch this so the vehicle does not use this wire. The Amber modules adds this wire back into the plug so it will work just like it is intended from the factory so no need to change anything.

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I installed mine and I have to say - I LOVE the way they look 🤘 Lights are much brighter and although I am used to vehicles that always have amber turns, these tail lights are sweet and have a very "classy-futuristic-minimalist" look. I like it and I am likely going to keep them this way. Even if they are designed to sit flush, you can still see the "light" from a 45 degree angle - say you exit the vehicle from the front passengers side and walk 15 or so feet away and turn around. It's pretty cool.

Fit and finish could have been better - especially for $500......Nicer , thicker plastic maybe? Better lens quality? AND - Those rubber washer/grommets (for the driver's side) are terrible. Way too spongy and what you guys should have done was provide a longer pair of screws and "harder rubber" washer(s). Initially, I was thinking of putting Blue Loctite on the screws, especially since they DON'T screw down all the way and you have to gauge how "deep-in" they go so they sit as flush as possible to the body panels. Even the install video you guys have on the amber/white add-on page ON YOUR website - has the guy installing, questioning those flimsy rubber washers and even decides to use his own. Again - simple and easy add-on to your package. It would have cost very little and made installing the DRIVERS-side MUCH easier. The passengers-side was so easy to install and align. Now I am literally thinking of going to Home Depot to buy the rubber washers and also a longer pair of screws - and, NO....I should not have to do this for $500. I hope you guys (at Oracle) take this as constructive criticism and important advice 🖖

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@SROC3 thanks for the feedback, this information has been passed along. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experiene.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@SROC3 thanks for the feedback, this information has been passed along. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experiene.
Sure, you got it. Added 3/8 rubber washers and some blue Loctite today. Lined up better for sure :)

meganjean05

Black Diamond
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure, you got it. Added 3/8 rubber washers and some blue Loctite today. Lined up better for sure :)
Do you have pictures of what you added because I can’t get them lined up for the life of me and neither could the off road installer. Also what year is your bronco mine is 2024 and I’m wondering if this may be the issue. Thanks

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have pictures of what you added because I can’t get them lined up for the life of me and neither could the off road installer. Also what year is your bronco mine is 2024 and I’m wondering if this may be the issue. Thanks
No pics sorry cause I already close it up and I don't want to keep pulling panels off....Scared to snap those clips. Good news (kinda) is visually it will be hard to show since the washers are black.

Here is what I did - I bought thin Rubber washers from Home Depot (3/8 size). They come in packs of 3. I got around 4 packs to make sure I had enough to "stack". If you find Thicker, harder ones I would get those as they would be firmer when you tighten the screws down. I stacked about 7 on the top screw and 6 on the bottom one (in between light body and car). You just need to loosen the the bottom SIDE-bolt so you can position with the other two - then tighten when happy with fit.
Sponsored