RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Additional $400 at order time for me as well. Refundable under Maryland law...
Worst-case scenario, my wife and I drive one of these when a local dealership gets one, she hates it, I whine and cry to my dealer until they give me my $500 back. Or I wait until it gets delivered and say "That looks nothing like the Cactus Gray Ford showed us in the video." :D

I've never put a dime down on a vehicle I hadn't touched or driven before, so even $500 was a reach for me.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me if I bailed out between order and delivery that Ford wouldn't allow them to sell my Bronco to someone else. Even if it had arrived on their lot and I looked at it and said "Naw." So what's Ford going to do with the thing, throw it in the dumpster??? :unsure:

Normally I would think having a buyer back out on a vehicle that has a long waiting list is not a problem for the dealer at all.

I can see why Ford would have wanted to prevent dealers from juicing their allocations via reservations from "ringers" who would then back out at delivery time, giving the dealer inventory to sell at markup, but what about those legitimate pre-orderers who do have to back out for some reason or another?
People who back out after the vehicle is built is part of the dealer's 20% wiggle room to sell a bronco to someone other than the name on the reservation.

If an order is cancelled before the Bronco is built (VIN Assigned), that order just ceases to exist. No bronco is built or delivered.

Dealers that juice the reservation system would only be able to do it with reservations prior to Sept 19th, and would have to let the Bronco's be built... If they exceed the allowed name mismatch sales, they ultimately get punished by a reduction if monthly allocation.

I don't know what to do about a dealer that just straight up steals a person's reservation from them.

There's no way it's worth the legal expense, but maybe one could spook the dealership pointing out that because it's their reservation, they'll just sue the dealer for the value of the Bronco they were going to spec but were denied... I'd also point out that they will be penalized for the name mismatch...

I'd tell the dealer that I have a lawyer on retainer so it doesn't cost me anything to use them, and I'd ask the dealer if they would rather:

1. Sell me the bronco I want and make the money, or
2. Steal my reservation with my name on it that I paid for, face civil legal action, not only for the value of the bronco but the cost of their lawyers (which would wipe out whatever markup they would get), and be penalized by Ford and have allocation taken away further hurting their profit.

Redwolffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer 2019 sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer did not require a penny more than the $100 refundable.
The problem is every dealer is making their own rules and when you call Ford with any issues they pass the buck to the dealership. Ford needs to come up with a better way.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the original reservation is in your name you will still get the email updates on "your" build from Ford. Assuming it is Ford that contacts us and not the dealer for final changes before the VIN is issued, use that time to spec the Bronco to your liking (disclaimer, I have not yet asked and/or verified where the last call for changes will come from)

Either way, when you get the email from Ford that your Bronco is being delivered, go to the dealership and claim your prize and/or cause a scene and start a s**t show.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the original reservation is in your name you will still get the email updates on "your" build from Ford. Assuming it is Ford that contacts us and not the dealer for final changes before the VIN is issued, use that time to spec the Bronco to your liking (disclaimer, I have not yet asked and/or verified where the last call for changes will come from)

Either way, when you get the email from Ford that your Bronco is being delivered, go to the dealership and claim your prize and/or cause a scene and start a s**t show.
Ford will not contact you for any changes to the order. The dealer is the one to do that.

Would be quite funny. Your name should be on the window sticker.

Sponsored

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anybody made any changes to their order and it changed their reservation date?
I just signed in to see if mine finally switched from first edition to wild trak and it still has first edition listed but now my reservation date changed to 1/25/21? Assuming that was the date I made my trim change.
I’ll call Ford customer service tomorrow to make sure it’s correct since that’s the last day but wanted to see if anybody else had that experience with it changing your reservation date after making changes.
Certainly don’t want it now making me a 2021 reservation holder now instead of a day one reservation holder and kicking me to a 2022 build 😬

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Deposit required: I'm just wondering how much deposit dealers are asking? I've paid $1,000 and not expecting delivery until early or mid 22.
I paid the same $1000 deposit; was happy to do so in order to ensure the dealer was going to put in the effort to ensure best possible delivery and to hold the agreed price.
Sponsored