Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My original dealer contacted me today (3/16) to see if I wanted to come in and put in my order before Friday. I responded back (in text message) that I had moved my order in November when my multiple attempts to reach out the them went unanswered. Never got a response.

Don't know about you, but I think I made the smart move in switching dealerships.

Hope this made you chuckle, it sure did me.
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moved my dealer months before the original October cutoff, and I had the same happen. Out of curiosity I asked what my number was in order of allocations. It took 3 sales people to never get an answer. I'm glad I switched to my current dealer who did answer quickly on my allocation status. No BS from them.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My original dealer contacted me today (3/16) to see if I wanted to come in and put in my order before Friday. I responded back (in text message) that I had moved my order in November when my multiple attempts to reach out the them went unanswered. Never got a response.

Don't know about you, but I think I made the smart move in switching dealerships.

Hope this made you chuckle, it sure did me.
Would love to know what their response was but I doubt you'll get one.

OP
OP
Kos

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would love to know what their response was but I doubt you'll get one.

I responded to his original text asking "Who is this?" and he responded back right away like I should know. I told him I had switched and he went radio silent on me.

I think he realized he violated company policy by actually talking to a customer. Probably should of lead him on a bit before telling him I had moved my reservation.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had my original dealer give me a call back when orders opened up.

Told them if they had just returned my two calls a month prior they'd still have my business, since I wasn't looking for a big discount, just no ADMs.

But it's okay, I ended up with a great dealership and saved a ton of money without having to be part of a buyers group or even go out state. My dealership is literally 20 minutes from driveway to door. Stopped in because they were close, told them where my reservation was, they made me an offer, put it in writing and asked me to consider it.

They've been great ever since, sending me swag, giving me updates. Checking in to see if I had any questions or concerns. Good times.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you did good. Sounds like they deserved it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I responded to his original text asking "Who is this?" and he responded back right away like I should know. I told him I had switched and he went radio silent on me.

I think he realized he violated company policy by actually talking to a customer. Probably should of lead him on a bit before telling him I had moved my reservation.
Yes, I agree that you should have. 😈

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will be interesting to see if these bad dealers that lost orders get to keep some of their allocations. Bet we see Broncos for sale on some lots while people are still waiting for theirs. Especially the big dealers. Ford will find a way to ship them some Broncos to keep them happy. Will know for sure in a few months.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A typical Ford Division Company Sales Meeting starts like this: "Wouldn't it be GREAT if we didn't have Dealers?" Yes, we think so, too!
When I began the "Bronco-watch", I believed dealers were a waste. After 2 years watching the sausage being made I've concluded whatever the dealer network costs Ford, they would spend twice that amount upping their game to effectively interface with actual customers

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kos

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I began the "Bronco-watch", I believed dealers were a waste. After 2 years watching the sausage being made I've concluded whatever the dealer network costs Ford, they would spend twice that amount upping their game to effectively interface with actual customers

Ford will get rid of it's dealer network the day after it gets rid of the UAW from it's factories. "AKA" not gonna happen.

Remember all the hubbub that followed the last time they pared back the dealer network in 2008?

Techguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford & Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it's okay, I ended up with a great dealership and saved a ton of money without having to be part of a buyers group or even go out state. My dealership is literally 20 minutes from driveway to door. Stopped in because they were close, told them where my reservation was, they made me an offer, put it in writing and asked me to consider it.

They've been great ever since, sending me swag, giving me updates. Checking in to see if I had any questions or concerns. Good times.
Would you mind saying which dealer you are with? I would love to give some Dallas friends (late reservation holders) an additional option.
Sponsored