First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd not pay anything non-refundable. So many things could change in the world or your personal situation from now until whenever the car becomes available.

Yea, if you can just burn $2K for nothing and still sleep at night then maybe but I'd not do it.

I can see the dealer wanting to weed out the "non-serious" folks but that's just nuts. As has been said many times the reservation is yours, not the dealers. Too many better options out there to put up with this BS.

Best of Luck to You!!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find another dealership or see if you can negotiate that deposit down. If a dealer does decide to do a deposit requirement, a good place to start is 500-1000. I think that is enough to prove you have skin in the game but not too much either. Dealer has to understand trust is a two way street. Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum by the way!

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like others said, you can change dealers. However, if the dealer is local and you like the price, get the deal in writing. Get the price in writing so you have it incase they try and change it later on. A $2k deposit is quite a bit of money to some for sure but that just means you will be putting down less when the time comes to actually pick the vehicle up.
My problem with nonrefundable is that...

1. You can't predict the future. What if something happens by the time you get your Bronco that prevents you from affording it? Health issues, employment issues, etc. Now you've lost 2k that obviously you could use and no Bronco.

2. Take the above and now the dealer keeps your 2k then turns around and sells your Bronco at a mark-up of 5k.

Just out of principle I'd switch dealer.

Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your post made me look this up. Wtf. I don’t watch news
big hedge funds bet on stocks to fail. When it doesn’t they have to the buy stock to cover losses. So forums are banning together to push stock beyond the fund managers comfort level. Forcing the buying.

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 3 reservations. One of my dealers told me it was a $1500 non refundable deposit. I told them I was going to change my reservation because having a nonrefundable deposit on a vehicle that would sell the next day was insane. He agreed to drop it after I said I was happy to place a deposit but only if it was 100% refundable.

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Offer Gamestop stock, lol
I bought 50 shares at $4 a share and sold it at $12 a share... damnit! I did buy PLTR at IPO and it is now in the upper $30 range with a long runway.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Let me add to the chorus.

Change...dealers.

No mention of giving anything extra over my $100 deposit.

My dealership is a way small dealership. It's basically run by the owner and one salesman.

I didn't even bring up price yet (even though order is in).

Since they're such a small dealership, and I'm getting a FE, I don't expect much of anything off (and I'm cool with that). Gonna haggle a bit on price when it comes to signing the dotted line mainly just to get symbolic bit off to say I didn't pay full msrp. heh. I plan to haggle a bit more with my trade in, but damn, that's months away...can't really do that much now. Who knows what will happen to my trade in between now and then.

Anyway, enough about me, again, change dealers. Or at least threaten to. You can use us as examples of not having to pay anything over the $100 deposit.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 3 reservations. One of my dealers told me it was a $1500 non refundable deposit. I told them I was going to change my reservation because having a nonrefundable deposit on a vehicle that would sell the next day was insane. He agreed to drop it after I said I was happy to place a deposit but only if it was 100% refundable.
How do you have 3 reservations. I don’t care,just curious. I understood it to be 2 per household. Multiple house holds?

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you have 3 reservations. I don’t care,just curious. I understood it to be 2 per household. Multiple house holds?

I made 2 and my wife made 1

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any advice?
I would change dealers. I had reserved through Power Ford ABQ and the pulled some grade A BS. I switched to Rich Ford. Advice, get all the info and fees in writing before you switch and make sure the person giving you the info is “qualified” to do so, you can only switch once and it takes 24hrs to update in the order bank system.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would change dealers. I had reserved through Power Ford ABQ and the pulled some grade A BS. I switched to Rich Ford. Advice, get all the info and fees in writing before you switch and make sure the person giving you the info is “qualified” to do so, you can only switch once and it takes 24hrs to update in the order bank system.
They*

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree that you will want to check with the dealership you want to switch to and get it in writing. the dealer i'm working with is pretty cognizant of the customers that have had reservation with them the entire time and has said that if people call to see if they can switch to them he's basically discouraging it. apparently they are one of if not the only dealership in the area @ MSRP with no ADM and not additional deposit. according to him other area dealers threw on up to $5000 ADM once order banks opened and they got a flood of calls.
i think a lot of that has to with not wanting to bump early reservation holders that fill his 2021 allocations out of line BC someone switches with an earlier time stamp, they had 73 reservations and got 24 vehicles for 2021 allocated to the dealership. I think if you are looking at a later reservation where you are looking at a 2022 anyway it would be easier to do the switch. But if you want the vehicle ASAP and are in your dealers allocation it would be something to think about before doing your switch.
Sponsored