Sponsored

Dealer just told me banks open Monday, deposits are now non-refundable.

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 C10, 70 240z, 74 X1/9, 18 Alltrack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a dealer call me and say that the banks were opening on Monday, and wanted to know if I was still interested. Then proceeded to tell me that the deposits are now non-refundable, a purchase agreement needs to be signed when I order (and can't be cancelled unless I lose my job or get sick or something), and they can't give me the actual price until the vehicle shows up.

lol no thanks
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said, drink! 🍻

If you are truly interested in a Bronco, watch FordVideoGuy"s livestream tonight. If any info was released this week, he will have the info. Doesn't add up though as the banks were supposed to open in 2 weeks, not next week, unless something has changed.

The deposit is most likely dealer specific.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

deposit is dealer specific. Order banks are supposed to open 3/27. There is a live broadcast next Monday 3/20 about order banks. I am not sure if they are opening a week early or not. The live broadcast is at 2pm EST.

Ford Bronco Dealer just told me banks open Monday, deposits are now non-refundable. 1678822811412

Sarah Davis

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2017 Cmax, 1992 Lincoln Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford is still going with March 27th. They will present a broadcast on March 20th with information for dealers. Tim and I will update on the Tuesday night livestream, and Tim will release a video with any information we learn as soon as we learn it.

Edit to add: Deposits are dealer specific, orders can be cancelled at any time, but they are able to keep your deposit if it was a nonrefundable deposit. As for price, They will have a price to give you as soon as you place your order(it will be on the order sheet you need to sign to confirm COVP) but they may add fees or a mark up to that price if they wish to.

OP
OP
ScuderiaCavallo
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I keep up with it pretty well. This was one of the many dealers I reached out to a while ago to get on their list when banks open. They assured me deposits were refundable back then, and now say they won't be.

I haven't heard from the dealer I am working closely with yet. I have a deposit on the Ineos, so I definitely want something refundable in case the Ineos happens as scheduled.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ScuderiaCavallo
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As for price, They will have a price to give you as soon as you place your order(it will be on the order sheet you need to sign to confirm COVP) but they may add fees or a mark up to that price if they wish to.
I specifically asked about this and they tried to tell me Ford is no longer giving prices when the order is placed. They are fishing for fools.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Had a dealer call me and say that the banks were opening on Monday, and wanted to know if I was still interested. Then proceeded to tell me that the deposits are now non-refundable, a purchase agreement needs to be signed when I order (and can't be cancelled unless I lose my job or get sick or something), and they can't give me the actual price until the vehicle shows up.

lol no thanks
How can there be a purchase agreement with no agreed upon price? LOL

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In some states, deposits are refundable by law until you drive off the lot. YMMV. That dealership sounds like a wonderful purchase experience just waiting to happen.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised they don't force a Non-Disclosure Double-Secret Probation and Confidentiality Agreement with the Secret Purchase and Price Contract signed in blood.
Then, there's the matter of your first-born as collateral...

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How can there be a purchase agreement with no agreed upon price? LOL
Exactly. Sure maybe a dealer wants a non refundable deposit, but the very definition of a purchase agreement would include a price. What's it going to say, "I agree to purchase this vehicle no matter the price"?
Sponsored