First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those curious as to why so many dealers are requiring non-refundable deposits, think of it from the dealers perspective. Dealers are the ones taking all the risks for ALL of their reservation holders. If people back out after their Broncos arrive, they lose allocations. If they lose allocations, then customers orders can not be fulfilled. This isn't a simple "if I dont want it the dealer can sell it to someone else" scenario. Dealers will be punished, whether they are at fault for someone purposely ordering to gain inventory to sell, or someone just flat backing out. Since there is no means to determine fully, many people can pay for a few people's changes.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
80% of converted orders is not a high bar, especially for early reservation holders who will get a '21...

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
80% of converted orders is not a high bar, especially for early reservation holders who will get a '21...
There's an amazing number of people who reserved over the hype because it was only 100$ and have already bought something else due to the wait. 80% is a pretty high number after all the delays. More than half the reservation holders aren't on this forum and a good chunk haven't been following a thing. Theres still people driving and calling in to dealers to come see one or buy one.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's an amazing number of people who reserved over the hype because it was only 100$ and have already bought something else due to the wait. 80% is a pretty high number after all the delays. More than half the reservation holders aren't on this forum and a good chunk haven't been following a thing. Theres still people driving and calling in to dealers to come see one or buy one.
If you have an early reservation and have hung around long enough to convert, you're in it for the long run. Reservation #s are different than conversion # and delivery #s...

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish dealers would clearly identify their dealership affiliation in their profiles for full transparency.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Supposedly the signed agreements may lock you in. I've seen different comments about this.
about the only answer is I would think Ford would be able to tell you.
So rather than listen to me, call Ford.
I don't think Ford can help here. The agreement is between the dealer and the customer. This would depend on the goodwill or policy of the dealer.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try posting in your regional section.
As for the topic of deposits, plenty of threads on the subject, search there for what others have already gone through.
Three damned pages off of a one post/one thread probable dealer troll? Good thing we don't have minimum post counts before making a thread, because this was fun!

100 posts, 100 reaction score => thread creating unlocked?

What a fun game to sh--post threads onto the forum, right?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish dealers would clearly identify their dealership affiliation in their profiles for full transparency.
Some who work at dealers post up in here because they can remain anonymous. Does not mean their inside information is any less valuable. They simply can't go on the record as reps of who they work for...

Last edited:

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you have an early reservation and have hung around long enough to convert, you're in it for the long run. Reservation #s are different than conversion # and delivery #s...
Some who work at dealers post up in here because they can remain anonymous. Does not mean their inside information is any less valuable. They simply can't go on the record as reps of who they work for...
Spot on. There's plenty of dealership personnel who.are just as excited, anxious and equally frustrated with how everything has played out. Seems though unless you are with specific dealers or have anything negative to say(despite 90% of it coming to fruition i.e. the allocation debacle) your shunned. Plenty of guys who sell them getting hosed on stuff to. It really doesn't help that dealers get all the info at the same time this whole forum does. Everyone asks the dealers for more info but every bit is leaked at the same time here. this whole release has been handled very roughly. The dealerships will get punished model is both good and bad. Based on the way things have gone so far... expect the worst, hope for the best. This is why dealers are putting non refundable deposits in place though. Help mitigate that to for sure delivering vehicles.

Reactions: RG7

Clemson Tiger

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 to 1

I would *not* agree to order a Bronco through a dealer without knowing what they intend to sell it to you for.

You should be negotiating and agreeing on price now at order time. Even Esteban (Ford) says you should do it this way. Do not let the dealer decide how badly you want it when you’re there to pick it up.

I already know exactly how much my Bronco is going to cost me when I show up to sign the paperwork.
I agree. Let me clarify. I do have a price from the dealer which is exactly the same as the build price on the Ford website. I know I’m not paying over MSRP. What I don’t know is how much he will come off from that price. When it gets down to crunch time I will put the pressure on them for a lower price. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. Let me clarify. I do have a price from the dealer which is exactly the same as the build price on the Ford website. I know I’m not paying over MSRP. What I don’t know is how much he will come off from that price. When it gets down to crunch time I will put the pressure on them for a lower price. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.
Glad you have a price! There was one guy here early on who was bragging that he could afford, and he would pay, whatever price his dealer decided come delivery time.

Sounds like you feel comfortable with the relationship you have with your dealer. I’d be nervous... once my Bronco is sitting on their lot, they hold all of the cards. At least at this stage in the game I do, since I can take my allocated Bronco anywhere I want, without me they don’t even have the Bronco to sell.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think Ford can help here. The agreement is between the dealer and the customer. This would depend on the goodwill or policy of the dealer.
True the agreement is between dealer and customer, the question I raise was does that lcok you in with that dealer? Which I believe it does. But I thought I may have seen someone who was able to switch after that, I honestly don't remember. That's why I'd call Ford just to confirm it either way. But my guess is no, locked in.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What CT dealer was it?
I also don’t see the problem.You are buying a vehicle ordered to your spec so yes a deposit is needed. If you back out now theyhave your speced out bronco on there lot.
I went through Tasca and had no problem putting down way more of a deposit than $1,500. My Wildtrak is $60k so it’s all going toward it so what’s the difference

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco buyers waiting until delivery to discuss price with their dealer:

1612585198525.gif
Indeed. My first experience buying a new car last year, taught me to be wary. Dealer tried some of the usual tricks, but they had nothing over me, and in then end they wanted a sale and I got my deal.

In the case of the Bronco, a non-refundable deposit, without having seen and test driven, for a vehicle without a firm delivery date, and without a good pre-negitiated price ... would be a concern.

Also once a dealer has it over you with a non-refundable deposit, it could lead to prioritizing other customers who did not get themselves into that situation, and need more attention from the dealer.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Indeed. My first experience buying a new car last year, taught me to be wary. Dealer tried some of the usual tricks, but they had nothing over me, and in then end they wanted a sale and I got my deal.

In the case of the Bronco, a non-refundable deposit, without having seen and test driven, for a vehicle without a firm delivery date, and without a good pre-negitiated price ... would be a concern.

Also once a dealer has it over you with a non-refundable deposit, it could lead to prioritizing other customers who did not get themselves into that situation, and need more attention from the dealer.
If you want to be first it’s part of the game. If you care that much wait till it’s on the lot. It’s that simple
Sponsored