First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Raider, Can Am
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else being told that a $2500 non-refundable deposit will be required to order a Bronco? My dealership says Ford is requiring each order to be a sale so they have to charge that. For a vehicle I have never seen, never driven, never sat in and that doesn't even have color or leather samples, I am feeling like this is a deal killer.
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope. In fact I switched to a new dealer, they entered my order today and said I had to put nothing down.

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else being told that a $2500 non-refundable deposit will be required to order a Bronco? My dealership says Ford is requiring each order to be a sale so they have to charge that. For a vehicle I have never seen, never driven, never sat in and that doesn't even have color or leather samples, I am feeling like this is a deal killer.
Is encourage you to review this poll I posted earlier for more details but the short answer is that’s not true at all https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/posts/416658/

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealership level requirement.
Ford is encouraging a down payment, but not specifying the amount or the refundability.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership level requirement.
For is encouraging a down payment, but not specifying the amount or the refundability.
Quoting to amplify.

What @Lab00Rat said.

There are penalties for the dealer if a Bronco is built but not eventually sold to the reservation holder, so it behooves them take steps to prevent it from happening.

That said, as long as the build hasn’t actually started, you should be able to cancel an order without penalty to anyone.

To me a small refundable deposit at order time to show good-faith seems reasonable... and then if they must, asking for a larger non-refundable one when the VIN is assigned / build is scheduled wouldn’t be out of line... basically making it a deposit on the purchase at that point since delivery will be just a few weeks out... but that’s me being very generous towards the interests of the dealer.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$500 is reasonable. Non refundable is a do not pass go go straight to another dealer.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They are lying to you. Run away.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, my dealer is not requiring anything above the original $100 reservation fee.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only paid $1000

They're price gouging

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer required $1k on top of the 100

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid $1000 but I got it in writing that it's refundable if the vehicle isn't made available for purchase for any reason.

First Name
Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope ... $1000 refundable deposit placed my order today. Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 Lux
Sponsored