Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are lying to you. Run away.
They are not lying about Ford having a requirement that a high percentage (80%) of their converted reservations have to be delivered to the ordering customer. The “Non-refundable” portion and the amount is at the discretion of the dealer.
Sponsored

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer asked $1400 additional. But they let me know in November. I understand the point. It would really suck for the other 150,000 reservation holders to be leapfrogged because dealers built, and then were stuck with one these vehicles. Then some guy buys it off the lot. Not like they can just send them back to be reforged into the next Bronco. The next customer up is what a dealers business model has been for years. Now ford is going to penalize this action. They’ve never not had the power. Extra $ keeps them from being the only one’s with skin in the game. I ask what will moving dealers do to help? Other than better allocation. If you order do u plan on buying? And if you plan on buying, what would cause you to not take delivery? Im just trying to understand what the dealer “scam” is?
Good points. If you plan on ordering a Bronco and the dealer is using available allocation to take your order, it is pretty reasonable that they expect you to actually buy and take delivery of it.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good points. If you plan on ordering a Bronco and the dealer is using available allocation to take your order, it is pretty reasonable that they expect you to actually buy and take delivery of it.
And if you don't take it, they get penalized. For the record, one of those penalties is zero bronco deliveries for a set time period. That dealer is out allocations. Considering the way the allocation formula has played out, it's safe to say that people canceling could cause delays for others.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else being told that a $2500 non-refundable deposit will be required to order a Bronco? My dealership says Ford is requiring each order to be a sale so they have to charge that. For a vehicle I have never seen, never driven, never sat in and that doesn't even have color or leather samples, I am feeling like this is a deal killer.
Mine came out to be $1500

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, my dealer is not requiring anything above the original $100 reservation fee.
Same for me at Town and Country Ford out of Bessemer, AL. $100 reservation was all they wanted for my order. However, if $400 more guarantees me a truck I would do it in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
NO additional down payment requested or demanded at my local. Spradley Barr Ford in Cheyenne WY. So far have been good to me with vehicle purchases.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same for me at Town and Country Ford out of Bessemer, AL. $100 reservation was all they wanted for my order. However, if $400 more guarantees me a truck I would do it in a heartbeat.
Can't say too much here as I haven't followed this entire thread.. . But the extra $400 guarantees you about as much as the original $100 did. You'll get a Bronco (as long as you follow through with the order), but neither guarantee a MY21. Sure your timestamp may get you one, but it's not guaranteed.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't say too much here as I haven't followed this entire thread.. . But the extra $400 guarantees you about as much as the original $100 did. You'll get a Bronco (as long as you follow through with the order), but neither guarantee a MY21. Sure your timestamp may get you one, but it's not guaranteed.
I am counting on people not converting their purchase which ultimately comes down to patience in a time where patience is almost a mythical creature. I will convert no matter what as I have wanted a Bronco since seeing mock-ups of a possible return 15+ years ago. This IS what I want!!

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealership says Ford...
This should be its own master thread. Things a dealer says that aren’t true.

I made two reservations at two different local dealers for this reason (there are probably five or six Ford dealers within a 20 mile radius of where I live). I knew the deposits were refundable so why not have options?

One of those dealers called me recently. I told the woman my plan - to defer for a 2022. Her reply: “OK, so go ahead and cancel your reservation and call us back when the 2022s come out.” I switched that reservation to Stephens Auto Center.

I encourage anyone who receives bogus info from their dealer to switch. Otherwise, how else will they learn their lesson? If they’re screwing around with you now, what makes you think they won’t screw around with you up until and after the point that you take delivery?

Last edited:

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I went in yesterday to place my build I had to put down an additional $400 refundable deposit

And an additional $500 refundable deposit is due on March 3/15/21 during order submission time with Ford.

total $1,000 ($900 with dealer) Refundable deposit. They said due to CA laws you can cancel for any reason. Even after delivery, and test drive. If you don’t like the smell of it, you get your money back.

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they put her in charge of reaching out to reservation holders and didn’t train her properly, that’s enough reason for me to switch. There’s no recourse with canceling a reservation. Giving out that kind of advice is unforgivable.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I went in yesterday to place my build I had to put down an additional $400 refundable deposit

And an additional $500 refundable deposit is due on March 3/15/21 during order submission time with Ford.

total $1,000 ($900 with dealer) Refundable deposit. They said due to CA laws you can cancel for any reason. Even after delivery, and test drive. If you don’t like the smell of it, you get your money back.
I wouldn’t have a problem with this arrangement. As long as it’s all refundable, especially after delivery and a test drive, I think putting up $1-2K is totally reasonable.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else being told that a $2500 non-refundable deposit will be required to order a Bronco? My dealership says Ford is requiring each order to be a sale so they have to charge that. For a vehicle I have never seen, never driven, never sat in and that doesn't even have color or leather samples, I am feeling like this is a deal killer.
My dealer welcomes me getting my deposit back and letting them sell the truck off their lot because they said they could get much more for it then. So my deposit is fully refundable. Sounds like your dealer wants to do that and make money off of you. That’s pretty bad.
Sponsored