no Bronco yet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
INFINITI QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much was your order deposit? And is it refundable?

I didn’t have a reservation but went straight into an order back in January. My deposit was $500, but I had to sign a waiver agreeing that my deposit was non refundable. Not canceling, just curious about the variety of arrangements out there.
Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suburban Ford in Portland Oregon requires 1000$ non-refundable deposits and I asked what if it takes years and theres no end in sight and my sales rep said that Ford takes the deposit and they cannot and will not refund it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s going to heavily depend on your dealer’s specific policies. Most dealers that I’ve experienced will refund the deposit up until your vehicle has been assigned a VIN. Once it is given a VIN, you are basically locked in and that deposit becomes non-refundable. The logic is that you may have ordered an extremely unpopular configuration that they will have trouble selling on the lot. Makes sense, although honestly they would have no issues selling a Bronco right now.

Personally… I paid the $100 refundable deposit required for placing the reservation. But my dealer did not require an additional deposit.

Suburban Ford in Portland Oregon requires 1000$ non-refundable deposits and I asked what if it takes years and theres no end in sight and my sales rep said that Ford takes the deposit and they cannot and will not refund it.
Dealer lied. Ford doesn’t require a deposit.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I paid $100 refundable deposit for my reservation. Any place charging more than that is also probably going to hit you with a ADM come pickup time. Some real greedy dealers out there.

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our dealer had $1000 deposit for both Broncos our family ordered. Said it was refundable if we cancelled.. Now I didn't think to ask what happens if a VIN was issued or it was built and I canceled.
So I think it depends on the dealerships. :(

bumyoon

Heritage
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition 4-dr manual.
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

I didn’t have a reservation but went straight into an order back in January. My deposit was $500, but I had to sign a waiver agreeing that my deposit was non refundable. Not canceling, just curious about the variety of arrangements out there.
I've put in two order with two different dealers, just because I didn't know which one had more allocation, and as you can imagine, I wanted my Bronco ASAP. One required $100 and the other $500. They both said the deposit is refundable.

Only makes sense because, if you place an order and the dealer receives the vehicle and you change your mind, the dealer is most likely going to mark it up and make an additional 9k ~ 14k from the vehicle you ordered.

Last edited:

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$500 refundable. When my Bronco arrived they honored the price (sticker w/ no ADM). Fugate Ford in Enumclaw, WA was great to deal with.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Zero. My dealer knows that if for some reason I should skip out on my 2-door they can sell it in a day with 10-12k markup.

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2,500. Refundable, but only if not delivered 1 year from deposit.

Last edited:

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s going to heavily depend on your dealer’s specific policies. Most dealers that I’ve experienced will refund the deposit up until your vehicle has been assigned a VIN. Once it is given a VIN, you are basically locked in and that deposit becomes non-refundable. The logic is that you may have ordered an extremely unpopular configuration that they will have trouble selling on the lot. Makes sense, although honestly they would have no issues selling a Bronco right now.

Personally… I paid the $100 refundable deposit required for placing the reservation. But my dealer did not require an additional deposit.

Dealer lied. Ford doesn’t require a deposit.
Yeah I guess I didnt write that I talked to ford and they said they dont receive deposits as they sell the bronco to the dealer and the deposits are held by dealership. They also said they cannot make the dealership repay deposit. It was the first lie the dealership told me... Imagine that....

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No deposit was required.

If you put down a deposit you should have negotiated a sales prices at that time and gotten a written sales agreement that was signed by the sales manger.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$100 at Res then $1400 at order. Its been so long I can't remember if its refundable, but if I have to keep waiting I may try to transfer it to the new V8 Raptor with the dealer. ( if that ever gets built )
Sponsored