First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I encourage anyone who receives bogus info from their dealer to switch. Otherwise, how else will they learn their lesson? If they’re screwing around with you now, what makes you think they won’t screw around with up until and after the point that you take delivery?
This. How hard is it for a business to just be honest and up front? Would anyone complain about a dealer that said this:

"We are asking for a reasonable non-refundable deposit (say $500) because Ford will penalize us if we don't sell Broncos to the person who ordered them. If you aren't certain about taking delivery, we can setup your build for MY'22. Certainly, if there was any issue with your Bronco, such as it wasn't built to your specifications or wasn't scheduled to arrive until a point in time that cannot work for you, you wouldn't be obligated to purchase it and we would refund your deposit."
Sponsored

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of months ago I learned that Huntinton Beach Ford was going to be charging $20-25k ADM so I moved my reservation to McCoy Mills Ford (Fullerton, CA).

Part of the switching dealers process incudes me being refunded the intial $100 and then repaying it to the new dealer. I was indeed promptly refunded the initial $100 and when I spoke to the sales rep at McCoy about repaying them the hundred bucks the response was akin to "Ehhh... don't worry about it".

On 02/10/2021 I was again on the phone with McCoy to finalize and sent in my order. When we were done, I asked if there was a deposit required (I remembered this thread) and again was told something like "Nah, we don't do that here, you are all set to go".

Eithter I got the easiest dealer ever to work with, or... I guess we'll see in the fall.