First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree that you will want to check with the dealership you want to switch to and get it in writing. the dealer i'm working with is pretty cognizant of the customers that have had reservation with them the entire time and has said that if people call to see if they can switch to them he's basically discouraging it. apparently they are one of if not the only dealership in the area @ MSRP with no ADM and not additional deposit. according to him other area dealers threw on up to $5000 ADM once order banks opened and they got a flood of calls.
i think a lot of that has to with not wanting to bump early reservation holders that fill his 2021 allocations out of line BC someone switches with an earlier time stamp, they had 73 reservations and got 24 vehicles for 2021 allocated to the dealership. I think if you are looking at a later reservation where you are looking at a 2022 anyway it would be easier to do the switch. But if you want the vehicle ASAP and are in your dealers allocation it would be something to think about before doing your switch.

Good point. The dealer I switched to absorbed a ton of switch overs. $2000 isn't insane to ask for, but the fact that it is nonrefundable would make me switch. It won't bump your reservation time to switch, I'm really not sure how the allocation plays out though. I think once the total orders are submitted by the dealers to Ford, Ford then sorts based on the hierarchy they set up- maybe something like reservation date-parts availability- whatever else it was. I'm not here to start a debate on this topic though!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hukk

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 dr Chevy Silverado crewcab
Your Bronco Model