Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out with the old, in with the new. Yesterday I traded in my 2017 avalanche gray Ford Raptor for a 2022 Bronco Sasquatch Badlands w/Lux package and all the goodies. In October, my dealer was gracious enough to let me long term test drive a Bronco for a month. I was seriously impressed with the way it drove and handled. So much so that I placed an order for one. I went with the Badlands because I typically do more rock crawling and wanted the sway bar disconnect vs the Sport mode in the Wild Track plus I preferred the color scheme personally. I also got the MGV seats which I thought were super comfy as well as spray out flooring with the drain plugs. I will miss the Raptor, but I can't wait to get this thing off road.

As for adds, I'm driving it naked for a week or two to get a feel for what I want. Initially I was going to put the Ford box in the back, but then I saw that it only had a 50 lb weight limit for setting things on top of it. Does anyone have any suggestions they have had good luck with? I do like on the OEM one that you can remove the drawer to access the jack and such.

I did install a 12" PPF on the screen to protect it from scratches and reduce glare from when the top is off. I also switched out the antenna. I'm waiting to see how my wife does for a few weeks getting in and out of the vehicle. I'm fine with the rock rails but if she is having issues (she is height challenged), I will look into getting the ones with the automatic step that comes out of the rock rails.

Ford Bronco Out w/the old, In w/the new tempImageXJU8Wm
Ford Bronco Out w/the old, In w/the new tempImageNn6nKs
Sponsored

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa why did you choose to trade in the raptor?
Well, when I test drove it, the transmission was SO much smoother than the Raptor. I loved the way it turned as well. It doesn't have near the power/acceleration of the Raptor which was also Cobb tuned. However, I am excited to see how it does off road. Obviously since I was test driving it in October, I did not take it off road. I figured change is good and the spice of life. When the manager said he'd give me damn near what I paid for the Raptor when the gen2's came out, it was hard to pass up. It was about an even swap before the protection packages.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, when I test drove it, the transmission was SO much smoother than the Raptor. I loved the way it turned as well. It doesn't have near the power/acceleration of the Raptor which was also Cobb tuned. However, I am excited to see how it does off road. Obviously since I was test driving it in October, I did not take it off road. I figured change is good and the spice of life. When the manager said he'd give me damn near what I paid for the Raptor when the gen2's came out, it was hard to pass up. It was about an even swap before the protection packages.
I noticed the mode you have in it can change the way the transmission feels. I think eco mode should be called comfort mode. Buttery smooth. At least in mine.

Sponsored

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congratulations! No reservation needed?

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations! No reservation needed?
A family member of the manager had 2 reservations since they were ordering it sight unseen. His daughter loved the first one that came in and kept it. He gave me the other reservation since it hadn't been picked up for production yet and I was therefore able to change it to what I wanted. The dealership has been awesome to work with, but I have ordered 6 vehicles from them in the last 10 years so that might have had something to do with it also.
Sponsored