Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

D

yup... you ever heard you have a "right to your opinion"
I get the feeling you're quick on the uptake so you know as well as I we could both go on for days doing this. I propose a treaty and I'm willing to back that up with the purchase of one alcoholic beverage of your choice should we ever cross paths...
Fair enough.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
99 percent of the folks that buy Ferrari, Masarati, Porsche, corvette, etc. do not drive remotely close to their maximum speed. But folks still buy and enjoy them, same as crawlers of either the rock, mall or both kind. To each his-or her-own.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are in America brother this is one of the the only places I know of where you can 2nd mortgage your house to buy a 4x4 and it's business as usual.
I spent many years in the military defending your right to do so...
But I also have the right to question the logic of it.
Ok, thanks for your service. Maybe offer your "expertise" to these people you're so worried about and let them come to you, instead of starting a thread that is essentially nothing more than: "You're all buying your Bronco wrong".

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
I live in Houston and if you've ever seen pictures or a news program about Houston's weather, Then you never know what you may need to crawl out of and trust me a lot people have lost thier cars in Houston's weather, about a 50 or more a year do to weather. We also have fun on the beach in Galveston when no one is looking, plus there are some great National parks in Texas.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Chauffeur just keeps insisting on off-road capabilities, but whatever keeps the grey poupon going on smooth.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, thanks for your service. Maybe offer you "expertise" to these people you're so worried about and let them come to you, instead of starting a thread that is essentially nothing more than: "You're all buying your Bronco wrong".
c'mon... I know you folks could give two squats about my opinion...and it was just that nothing more. I hope you all enjoy whatever you purchase.....

cjduffie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MISC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The most frustrating thing about the way the Bronco build has evolved is that interior wants/needs (cold weather stuff, sound system, safety features, interior design, etc.) are driving capability options that many (including myself) don't really want or need for a truck that won't ever rock crawl. Its irritating, but judgemental pricks make it worse.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
in all honesty, 98% of my driving will be on pavement - but if and when I do decide to take it offroad, I want it to be capable... but I also want to look good (all the time). I'm leaning towards either the Wildtrak or a Sasquatched OBX (just so I can get that roasted leather interior)... are they overkill for something that will be on the road 98% of the time? yup. do I care? Nope :) it'll look amazing, and that's half the appeal of this truck, is it's looks
I really couldn't have said it any better myself. I'd also add that I keep my vehicles for a long time. My current is 10 years old and was a daily driver with lots of highway miles. Now due to covid and having a tech job, I work from home and barely drive. I can probably get another 5 years out of that thing with my current driving habits

The Bronco will be the same. It is being designed to last me and my family a long time, as in making it capable in any situation or weather, and all the modern tech provided with lux. Its a lot of money. But I work hard for the life we have. Most of the time I'm on Amazon buying shit I don't need with my disposable income. So why not put it towards something I know ill love and will be the vehicle (literally and figuratively) to all of our outdoors adventures ♥

Sponsored

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
Guilty!!! Strictly buying this for looks. Not only will this be a mall crawler, I probably wont take it out of the garage more then 50 days a year. Keeping my current car as my everyday driver.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't care....
Sponsored