Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr 2.3l 7 speed Big Bend Cactus Gray Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have developed an overlanding hammock for the 2021 4-door Bronco. The hammock hangs diagonally inside the cabin of the Bronco.

Hammock Specs:
Fabric: 1.6 oz HyperD ECO is the primary fabric that I use. This fabric is a 100% post-consumer recycled lightweight diamond grid nylon.
Thread: Gutermann Tera/Mara
Weight Limit: 300 lbs
Length: 90"
Width: 59"

Sleeping inside the Bronco is like sleeping in a tent. If you are a weekend overlander, you will love this minimalist approach to camping.

In the bespoke tradition, I will build a hammock for you. This means that you would select the color of fabric and thread. Fabric color choices are sage green, Moroccan blue, slate blue, gray, orange, and dark olive. Thread color choices are crimson red, Moroccan blue, orange, yellow, olive drab, gray, and black. Hardware and installation instructions will be included. Hardware installation is easy and takes about 5 minutes.

The cost of the hammock is $125. You will pay $10.60 for domestic shipping.

When you contact me, please specify your color choice of fabric and stitching. I will confirm your order, along with expected completion date, and provide PayPal payment details. After I receive payment I will build your hammock. Please anticipate 2 to 4 weeks for delivery.

I do not have an online store, just a sewing machine and a kitchen table. If you would like to hang in your 2021 4-door Bronco, contact me directly.

Thank you.
-Randall

inbound4308021853372082726.jpg

inbound7974243293063702590.jpg

inbound4329876312202737603.jpg
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have developed an overlanding hammock for the 2021 4-door Bronco. The hammock hangs diagonally inside the cabin of the Bronco.

Hammock Specs:
Fabric: 1.6 oz HyperD ECO is the primary fabric that I use. This fabric is a 100% post-consumer recycled lightweight diamond grid nylon.

Sleeping inside the Bronco is like sleeping in a tent. If you are a weekend overlander, you will love this minimalist approach to camping.

In the bespoke tradition, I will build a hammock for you. This means that you would select the color of fabric and thread. Fabric color choices are sage green, Moroccan blue, slate blue, gray, orange, and dark olive. Thread color choices are crimson red, Moroccan blue, orange, yellow, olive drab, gray, and black. Hardware and installation instructions will be included. Hardware installation is easy and takes about 5 minutes.

When you contact me, please specify your color choice of fabric and stitching. I will confirm your order, along with expected completion date, and provide PayPal payment details. After I receive payment I will build your hammock. Please anticipate 2 to 4 weeks for delivery.

I do not have an online store, just a sewing machine and a kitchen table. If you would like to hang in your 2021 4-door Bronco, contact me directly.

Thank you.
-Randall

Ford Bronco Overland Hammock for 6G Broncos inbound4329876312202737603

Looks comfy!

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curiosity how hard is it to get in and out of?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No two door version? :D
Damn. We’re headed to the discriminatory 2 door debate already? That was quick. Didn’t even get a full page yet.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That looks really nice!

The nights I have spent in mine with seats folded down and just a bag have been questionable in the comfort department to say the least.

Sponsored

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hammock Specs:

Thank you.
-Randall

Think this would work with a steel security enclosure in the back?

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aloha.
Common questions that I get are around the attachment points and have I developed a 2dr version.

This video will answer the 'how does it hang' question.

This video will also give you an idea of how easy it is to set up.

I made both videos with my phone while camping, so please enjoy both low budget productions. Keep in mind that the hammock that you bought from the sporting goods store will not work. It is too long, and the fabric is too stretchy. That is what prompted me to spend 5 months developing my hammock.

I bought by 4dr so that I sleep in it. Once I discovered that I could hang in my Bronco, sleeping in my Bronco became much more comfortable.

I did watch a video of a guy sleeping in his 2dr, but he was 5'9". So, pushing the front seats forward there seemed to be 5'10" or maybe even 5'11" of distance from the tailgate to the back of the front seat in the forward position. That is a guess on my part. All this to say, even on the diagonal, there is not much room to work with for a taller person.

Before creating my current version, I experimented with a front to back model. The prototype that I built is 71" in length. So, I have a sewn hammock that I will gladly send someone who is interested in cracking the code for hanging in a 2dr.

The challenge will be the rear attachment point. In the referenced videos above you will see the use of eyebolts. I do not think that the 2dr has any threaded nut-serts. I have developed a simple solution for spanning the width of the cargo area to create an attachment point for a front to back hang. It might also work for a diagonal hang.

So, if you are under 5'9", it might be possible to hang in your Bronco. I have not looked at schematics and do not know diagonal or height measurements. So, it might not work at all. It would be cool if it did.

-Randall

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Think this would work with a steel security enclosure in the back?
Send me a pic. Not sure what that looks like and how it is installed. I could tell you if it would clear it if I could see a pic. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.