James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A few more questions:
- Can you approximate how much lighter the aluminum tray will be?
- Is there a different weight limit for aluminum (e.g. 225 vs 300 lb)?
- Would one benefit be that aluminum doesn't rust (if the powder coat were to be scratched and it would get wet from gear like snowboard equipment)? This is pretty much a forever car for me - no plans to ever sell it and I don't drive enough to wear it out.

Lastly, when the product is shipped in its packaging, would it fit in the back of a 2-door that still has seats (i.e. if you wanted to bring it somewhere for install - my mechanically inclined relatives aren't nearby)
Sponsored

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 4Runner, 1967 Mustang 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few more questions:
- Can you approximate how much lighter the aluminum tray will be?
- Is there a different weight limit for aluminum (e.g. 225 vs 300 lb)?
- Would one benefit be that aluminum doesn't rust (if the powder coat were to be scratched and it would get wet from gear like snowboard equipment)? This is pretty much a forever car for me - no plans to ever sell it and I don't drive enough to wear it out.

Lastly, when the product is shipped in its packaging, would it fit in the back of a 2-door that still has seats (i.e. if you wanted to bring it somewhere for install - my mechanically inclined relatives aren't nearby)
The steel tray is 11 gauge steel (.116) and the aluminum is 3/16” to maintain rigidity and load carrying capacity.
The steel tray is 53 lbs and we’re estimating the aluminum tray will be about 40 lbs (approximation). It’s difficult to have an exact weight because it’s difficult to calculate with all the lightening holes throughout the tray.
Yes, with the seats down the boxes will fit in the back of a 2-door Bronco.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is very cool. Thanks for making 2door options!
I appreciate the compliment. I’ll be releasing more cargo accessories for both 2 and 4-door models!

Sponsored
OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@WickedG6 How are we looking for production on orders thus far?
Some orders should start returning from CNC by the end of the week. The aluminum trays will probably be next week. Normal lead times are usually 4-6 weeks but I believe I may be slightly ahead of schedule. I’ll be sending individual messages to order holders as components begin to come in.
Chris

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some orders should start returning from CNC by the end of the week. The aluminum trays will probably be next week. Normal lead times are usually 4-6 weeks but I believe I may be slightly ahead of schedule. I’ll be sending individual messages to order holders as components begin to come in.
Chris
So as one of the idiots who ordered the aluminum tray, do you think there is any chance I see it before the end of October?

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as one of the idiots who ordered the aluminum tray, do you think there is any chanceI see it before the end of October?
Yes sir, I should have all orders fulfilled and shipped before the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.