First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm also in the SF Bay area, and I'd gladly trade any shipping costs for a quality installation. My primary concerns are any hand/body/knee contortions needed to get the seats removed and related discomfort of getting my older/larger body in places like the back seat area.

As for niche small businesses, I've spent most of my career working with owners and know how hard it is to design/make something innovative and sell it for a $ that makes it worthwhile to both the buyer/seller. It seems the Bronco aftermarket community has lots of great ideas - I'm just trying to get the final mile/installation possible from dealers across the country.

My initial plan was to go with Goose Gear, but it seems like your tray would make loading and unloading much easier, and especially minimizing/eliminating sliding items (dog crates, coolers, etc.) on the surface.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 4Runner, 1967 Mustang 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also in the SF Bay area, and I'd gladly trade any shipping costs for a quality installation. My primary concerns are any hand/body/knee contortions needed to get the seats removed and related discomfort of getting my older/larger body in places like the back seat area.

As for niche small businesses, I've spent most of my career working with owners and know how hard it is to design/make something innovative and sell it for a $ that makes it worthwhile to both the buyer/seller. It seems the Bronco aftermarket community has lots of great ideas - I'm just trying to get the final mile/installation possible from dealers across the country.

My initial plan was to go with Goose Gear, but it seems like your tray would make loading and unloading much easier, and especially minimizing/eliminating sliding items (dog crates, coolers, etc.) on the surface.
Hi , I made a few phone calls to some Ford dealers in your area to see if they would install an aftermarket accessory and unfortunately they are only willing to install factory accessories. I’m sure there are some aftermarket truck accessories shops local to you that would be willing to perform the install for a fee. I would definitely be willing to ship your Packhorse to one of these vendors that you choose to use. Unfortunately I do not have a contact in your area that I would feel comfortable referring you to without actually knowing them myself. If you’ve been following my thread you are aware that I am trying to get a large enough order together to be able to make a bulk purchase of materials and pass those savings along to my customers. At this time I have 4 orders and would need at minimum 10 to be able to provide free shipping. If I’m unable to make that quota I plan to offer $150 off shipping to everyone that places an order if I can not meet that minimum order.
The process of removing the seats is actually fairly straight forward but installing the tray assembly safely is best achieved using 2-3 people.
If I can assist you with your purchase I’m available through chat, email and phone via my website.Wickedrelicsoffroad.com

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hi , I made a few phone calls to some Ford dealers in your area to see if they would install an aftermarket accessory and unfortunately they are only willing to install factory accessories. I’m sure there are some aftermarket truck accessories shops local to you that would be willing to perform the install for a fee. I would definitely be willing to ship your Packhorse to one of these vendors that you choose to use. Unfortunately I do not have a contact in your area that I would feel comfortable referring you to without actually knowing them myself. If you’ve been following my thread you are aware that I am trying to get a large enough order together to be able to make a bulk purchase of materials and pass those savings along to my customers. At this time I have 4 orders and would need at minimum 10 to be able to provide free shipping. If I’m unable to make that quota I plan to offer $150 off shipping to everyone that places an order if I can not meet that minimum order.
The process of removing the seats is actually fairly straight forward but installing the tray assembly safely is best achieved using 2-3 people.
If I can assist you with your purchase I’m available through chat, email and phone via my website.Wickedrelicsoffroad.com
Your best bet would be to find some "overlanding" (I hate that stupid term, but that's what kids call camping these days!) upfitters in your area. They exist solely to bolt aftermarket parts to vehicles.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also still waiting for an estimate from my CNC provider on the aluminum tray option. I will update here as well as my website as it is available.
Your best bet would be to find some "overlanding" (I hate that stupid term, but that's what kids call camping these days!) upfitters in your area. They exist solely to bolt aftermarket parts to vehicles.
Thank you for the suggestion.👍🏻

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About an hour south of Chattanooga near Cartersville. Right off 75.
Hell I'd drive down and pick one up. Im just 30min north of Chatt.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell I'd drive down and pick one up. Im just 30min north of Chatt.
I’ll help you install it when you do. If you’re ready go ahead and place your order. I am submitting a tray order Wednesday and can get you in.
Chris

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you end up offering free shipping, could there be a discount for local pickup? Also, can the tray be used as a sliding tailgate if you don’t exceed the 300 lb limit? Thanks, very interested.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you end up offering free shipping, could there be a discount for local pickup? Also, can the tray be used as a sliding tailgate if you don’t exceed the 300 lb limit? Thanks, very interested.
If you’re picking up locally then yes I’ll definitely offer some discount since shipping supplies and the extra time won’t be a factor.
If you evenly distribute the weight you place on the tray and use it safely it’s very versatile.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm interested as well and I am only 30 minutes away from you.

Any guess as to how much weight it could support if you do not slide out the tray?

My payload rating is 951 lbs. Say two passengers is 350 lbs, that gives me 601 lbs left over in the rear.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm interested as well and I am only 30 minutes away from you.

Any guess as to how much weight it could support if you do not slide out the tray?

My payload rating is 951 lbs. Say two passengers is 350 lbs, that gives me 601 lbs left over in the rear.
Time to find a smaller girlfriend/wife or put her on a diet... LOL. Sorry baby, love you, but my Bronco is running low on payload capacity. There are only two options. :D

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just placed my order. If someone wants to schedule a group install in the SF Bay Area when they arrive, let me know.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on Packhorse Aluminum tray upgrade is $225.00

If you were interested or waiting on the price for the aluminum tray prior to placing an order. There is still time to get in on this order.

If you have already placed an order and you would like to still upgrade send us a message and we can make it happen.

I will be submitting an order today for aluminum trays with our CNC service and our $150.00 discount for shipping will be expiring on Oct 1st.

I want to thank everyone that responded, showed interest and made a purchase for the launch of the Packhorse for the 2-door Bronco.

The Bronco Community is truly a great group of people.

Thank y’all, Chris
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.