First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else notice bubbling like this in their rigs? Take a close look around. Not sure if it’s rust or run off.

37EFFEAF-C986-479E-A874-CA8AF3CE10CF.jpeg

8DA3ABCC-E04A-4364-8894-3CC7B559ECEC.jpeg

09ED25A6-82D9-4E15-868B-2BE7F03D7F43.jpeg
Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like sealer under the paint.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an eye for paint defects after spending the last 20 years of my career in the Automotive Collision industry. I’ve taken a very close look at mine and my Eruption Green Bronco had just some minor issues with the metal flake orientation and a dozen small dirt nibs that were easily corrected with a DA sander and some compound/polish.

Those defects on your should never get past QC and the dealer will have to make it right by sending it to a body shop if they don’t have one of their own. I assume you noticed these right when you took delivery or shortly after.

OP
OP
BigfootArea51

BigfootArea51

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an eye for paint defects after spending the last 20 years of my career in the Automotive Collision industry. I’ve taken a very close look at mine and my Eruption Green Bronco had just some minor issues with the metal flake orientation and a dozen small dirt nibs that were easily corrected with a DA sander and some compound/polish.

Those defects on your should never get past QC and the dealer will have to make it right by sending it to a body shop if they don’t have one of their own. I assume you noticed these right when you took delivery or shortly after.
right after delivery of course. Leaving that untouched will that cause major issues down the road. If I were to keep the truck 10 years that is

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like dirt/contamination under the paint. Long term, it could be a potential for rust. I would get it fixed.

Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like dirt/contamination under the paint. Long term, it could be a potential for rust. I would get it fixed.
I would get the dealer to fix it for sure, but isn't all of the exterior metal aluminum, so rust wouldn't be an issue?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would get the dealer to fix it for sure, but isn't all of the exterior metal aluminum, so rust wouldn't be an issue?
Aluminum will also corrode. Not the same as carbon steel, but it does corrode.
aluminium-corrosion.jpg

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When exposed to extreme salty conditions and/or due to dissimilar metals making contact (if other mitigation measures are not taken), I'm aware.

2 of those spots are on corners of class A metal that has been hemmed. Along any hem we apply a sealer, and if there is too much applied it leaks out of the seams, especially corners. It should have been caught in the paint dpt. before the prime booth.
Sponsored