Sponsored

Paint defects - Antimatter blue outer banks.

Cozzer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Land Rover, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all, i thought this is worth a mention and for others to be aware of.

I picked up my Antimatter Outer Banks yesterday, quite excited as you can imagine after all the issues. It looks great. However, while at the dealer i noticed a small dent on the back panel, turns out its a paint defect under the clear coat. Then i notice another on the drivers door, this is a raised nick, then i get it home and notice 2 clear coat issues on the hood. The dealers response was to put it in the body shop for repair, this is brand new! Im so dissapointed at Fords factory quality control, Im having to deal with this issue instead of the defected panels being rejected before install.

Has anyone else had any similar issues? Please check your vehicle over in detail when you pick it up. These paint defects on the brand new high profile and expensive vehicle is just insane.

Updates to follow.

Ford Bronco Paint defects - Antimatter blue outer banks. IMG_0668

Ford Bronco Paint defects - Antimatter blue outer banks. PXL_20210929_210322355.MP

PXL_20210929_210322355.MP.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg
Sponsored

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. Sorry that happened to you. It’s like they are just rushing to get them out and not paying attention or it went to paint on a Friday lol

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks. Sorry that happened to you. It’s like they are just rushing to get them out and not paying attention or it went to paint on a Friday lol
You would think with all of the issues encountered so far, Ford would be going to great lengths to make sure anything that left the plant would be free of defects!
Edit: Especially defects like this that are obvious and easily fixed at the factory!

Last edited:

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would think with all of the issues encountered so far, Ford would be going to great lengths to make sure anything that left the plant would be free of defects!
Ummm.. for sure! 100% agree. Like why give customers anything to be upset about at this point lol

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all, i thought this is worth a mention and for others to be aware of.

I picked up my Antimatter Outer Banks yesterday, quite excited as you can imagine after all the issues. It looks great. However, while at the dealer i noticed a small dent on the back panel, turns out its a paint defect under the clear coat. Then i notice another on the drivers door, this is a raised nick, then i get it home and notice 2 clear coat issues on the hood. The dealers response was to put it in the body shop for repair, this is brand new! Im so dissapointed at Fords factory quality control, Im having to deal with this issue instead of the defected panels being rejected before install.

Has anyone else had any similar issues? Please check your vehicle over in detail when you pick it up. These paint defects on the brand new high profile and expensive vehicle is just insane.

Updates to follow.

Send the pics to mike Levine’s Twitter account maybe he can contact someone so they do a better job on quality controle so glad I was pushed to 22 21 has been a shit show but hoping 22 some of these stupid quality controle mistakes get cleaned up

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry that you had this issue. My Bronco arrived at the dealer 9/24 and their inspection found a slight gap in the paint where the tailgate hinge meets the tailgate. The hinge is attached before paint and if they don't do a good job, you may see a very thin line of unpainted tailgate where they meet. They said 99% of people would probably not notice it, but their QC did - which is nice. It went to paint and body and they have taken a week to remove the tailgate and hinges and the redo both entirely. Waiting an extra week has been hard, but worth it. I hope that your defects can be corrected too.

OP
OP

Cozzer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Land Rover, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So true, why have someone like myself, come on here and instead of raving about how great the car is, im moaning about quality issues. The more i think about it the more im pissed.

OP
OP

Cozzer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Land Rover, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry that you had this issue. My Bronco arrived at the dealer 9/24 and their inspection found a slight gap in the paint where the tailgate hinge meets the tailgate. The hinge is attached before paint and if they don't do a good job, you may see a very thin line of unpainted tailgate where they meet. They said 99% of people would probably not notice it, but their QC did - which is nice. It went to paint and body and they have taken a week to remove the tailgate and hinges and the redo both entirely. Waiting an extra week has been hard, but worth it. I hope that your defects can

Im glad that your dealer caught the issue, mine had no idea what was going on. Im going to check the hinge area now, thanks for the heads up.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Common issue with Ford. My 2018 Escape has a raised area that was painted over. Not sure if the have poor foreign object control in the paint bays or if they're not fully sanding/polishing the vehicles before painting.

You are sticking your neck out in this forum complaining about defects. You are supposed to spend $50K+ on a car and just overlook things like paint defects and honeycombed MIC roofs. :)

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They would never get rejected before install. Defects like these are supposed to be found during the inspection process and touched up at the factory. Someone working there is either blind or just doesn't give a damn. Those are obvious and would have been easily caught by anyone who was doing their job as they should.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cozzer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Land Rover, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have some update on this. JaxGtc mentioned his rear door hinge paint issue, i checked and i have the same issue. Primer but no color around the hinge area. Shocking. My dealer said they will fix everything and i will never notice, which i appreciate.

What pisses me off, is that Ford must have seen my paint issues effecting 4 different body panels and let it pass inspection, they passed the problem to the dealer and customer to solve. Im really disappointed and its taken the shine off my new toy.

Id like to hear if anyone else has similar issues, im contacting fords concern resolution centre. 866-631-3788 to open a case. :(:mad:

Ylekiot

Black Diamond
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LX570, Lexus GX470, Land Rover, 21'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With this particular plant making the Focus in the past do they still have the mentality that this is a low end vehicle? Maybe the QA team needs to know that they are dealing with a whole different buyer group. That 'how it was done' in the past crap wont fly with a higher class vehicle.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have pictures of this hing/tailgate issue so others can see if theirs has it?

OP
OP

Cozzer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Land Rover, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here are some pics that people have asked for. The issues look alot worse in real life. These are only of the hinge.

Ford Bronco Paint defects - Antimatter blue outer banks. PXL_20211001_215955963.MP
Ford Bronco Paint defects - Antimatter blue outer banks. PXL_20211001_220006774.MP
Sponsored