Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Noticed the hardtop on the Heritage has a bad finish. The way I would describe it is that it’s like super glue was put on the surface. And it was left in the sun.

Other than that, the vehicle is great, but it’s just a bummer the roof looks like this. Makes me wonder, what does it look like in the sections covered up by materials? Is this covered by warranty?

This Bronco Heritage was ordered October 2022, built July 2023, and delivered December 2023.

Ford Bronco Bronco Heritage Hardtop Defects IMG_1081
Ford Bronco Bronco Heritage Hardtop Defects IMG_1031
Ford Bronco Bronco Heritage Hardtop Defects IMG_1080
Ford Bronco Bronco Heritage Hardtop Defects IMG_1035
Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

IMO the MOD top interior finish is the same as the MIC top photos I’ve seen…

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Noticed the hardtop on the Heritage has a bad finish.
Other than that, the vehicle is great, but it’s just a bummer the roof looks like this. Makes me wonder, what does it look like in the sections covered up by materials? Is this covered by warranty?
Unfortunately, it won't be covered by warranty unless there is underlying structural concerns.

It is definitely a bummer that it looks like shit. Not to shift blame or offer up excuses for Webasto's quality. Version 1 MIC owners saw substandard quality issues compared to what is being shipped today. I think it was a huge leap of faith to assume the MOD top was not going to experience the same substandard quality with respect to interior finish.

I've said it in the past that the "free" headliner was only included to cover the interior's surface to hide the splotchy finish. I have a '22 BD MIC top and a '23 OBX MIC top and the difference in quality is substantial. Hopefully, the MOD top's interior surface quality improves with subsequent model years.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think that's pretty standard on the HE tops I've seen pics of so far. I'll take pictures of mine when I get home, I have some ugly spots but not nearly as bad as your pics. It almost looks like it didn't release from the mold correctly around the corners, if that's even a thing.

DrewMackin

Heritage
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tesla Model 3, 23 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think that's pretty standard on the HE tops I've seen pics of so far. I'll take pictures of mine when I get home, I have some ugly spots but not nearly as bad as your pics. It almost looks like it didn't release from the mold correctly around the corners, if that's even a thing.
Yep, I think all our mod tops have the issue to varying degrees. Mine looks bad but I honestly forgot about it until this post. I'm in and out of the back of the Bronco all the time and it doesn't stand out to me anymore.
Sponsored