First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
got these flares finished up today and mirror caps painted body color next I was thinking about the top?

16396012346248477687140692972933.jpg

16396012898705812992411893259880.jpg
How difficult is it to remove the mirror caps? I want to have those and my 5 door handles painted.
Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not my bronco, it is another users. I can't remember his name but it was posted on here a while ago. I saved the pics because I want to go a similar route.

modded cg bronco back.jpeg

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How difficult is it to remove the mirror caps? I want to have those and my 5 door handles painted.
the mirror caps are difficult to get off without breaking the clips on the cap just be easy and take time found that it is easier to work from the inside closest to the door then across the top there are I believe 3 release points inside the mirror you can see them if you look around inside by the mirror glass

MMBrodsky

First Edition
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
got these flares finished up today and mirror caps painted body color next I was thinking about the top?

Ford Bronco Painted Sasquatch Flares? modded cg bronco back

Ford Bronco Painted Sasquatch Flares? modded cg bronco back
How much did they charge you for the painted flares btw all in? I ended up buying the ready to paint OBX flares for by LB FE and got them painted body color. Was not cheap. Guessing this wasn’t either.

Sponsored

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dumb Q: what did you use to make them smooth? Thanks for your time!
I used some sealer instead of primer my opinion is that sealer is a little more flexible than putting alot of primer on them letting them sit over the weekend then I sanded with 320 and sealed them up again when I painted them. like I said in the post earlier painting raw plastic is a process if not done correctly can be bad and even if it is done properly with my experience it can still fail.

Reactions: Cat

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How much did they charge you for the painted flares btw all in? I ended up buying the ready to paint OBX flares for by LB FE and got them painted body color. Was not cheap. Guessing this wasn’t either.
I painted them my self so the cost was minimal only time.

Marshhunt

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
yes I made them smooth
Your truck looks great! Since you did your flairs, do you think the top would come out as good? I have a 2 door RR WT and i was thinking of having the flairs and sides of the top painted black to match the grill, wheels, and side mirrors. The top of top is kind of black and no one can see it anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Merbronc

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s funny since I started this post I actually received my bronco 3 weeks ago. I’ve approached two body shops about painting the squatch flares and neither wants to be bothered. They both said it’s not worth it bc of the plastic I’m starting with. Frustrating bc I love the look of the painted flares. I suppose I will keep shopping around.

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your truck looks great! Since you did your flairs, do you think the top would come out as good? I have a 2 door RR WT and i was thinking of having the flairs and sides of the top painted black to match the grill, wheels, and side mirrors. The top of top is kind of black and no one can see it anyway.
the top can look just as good I am going to paint mine just have not had the time to do it yet also it is not raw textured plastic like the flares. Like I said before in the post following all the proper procedures for raw plastic is critical and it can still fail.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Painted Sasquatch Flares? 16459865321302689351841056995784

Ford Bronco Painted Sasquatch Flares? 16459865321302689351841056995784
@snolen . How is the paint holding up on your fender flares, due to their flexibility? Any cracks?
Sponsored