Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why anyone would pay more for a watch than a Bronco is beyond me
When I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's I saw a GMT on Thomas Magnum and also saw the Rolex ads with Bjorn Borg sporting a Stainless GMT. Even as a kid I wanted one. In 88 I got a job at Wal-Mart, a job working cattle and hay field work to make money for gas and teenage expenses that were needed at the time. I also put over half of this money aside as savings for my future watch. I graduated high school in 89 and got quiet a bit of gift money. I took all my watch savings and gifted money and was still $400 short. I sold a S&W 4506 to a friends dad for the $400. Finally, I was ready to purchase. I drove an hour to the Mall, went into the Rolex Dealer and ordered a Stainless GMT Master with with black and red bezel. I paid $1,850 for that watch in June of 1989. I wore that watch every day until about four years ago. My son graduated Marine Corps OCS and I gave him my watch after a Rolex Refurbishment. That watch and I went through a lot together. I fully expect he will have it 30 years from now. I always thought I would trade that old watch after a few years for a two tone and then again a gold as I got older. I am so glad I didn't. I like the feeling I get when I think of my son wearing the watch every day through his young life and on all his adventures. I went a year without that watch and decided, " What the hell, I am going to get the watch I would have loved to have had 20 years ago." Some day when I have left this world I like to think my son will be wearing this green anniversary dial Rolex, and his son wearing the old Coke. The value of the old Coke is around 15K now. I wonder what the value of my Bronco will be worth 34 years from now. I wonder if my son had rather have this watch or the Bronco when I leave. Heck, he might get both. We just don't know when we might actually check out. All I know as it has been an awesome ride so for with the old coke and now the anniversary Dial.
Ford Bronco Pairing new Bronco with nice new watch? ⌚︎ Watches.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice 3861! I'm a Speedy fan myself.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my speedy moonphase retrofitted with a chronoscope bracelet (latest gen style bracelet found on 321 but it’s a 21mm). Need some tweaking and different bars but it fit. A 1 of 1 as far as I know on the omega forums

IMG_7190.jpeg

IMG_7191.jpeg

IMG_7184.jpeg

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my speedy moonphase retrofitted with a chronoscope bracelet (latest gen style bracelet found on 321 but it’s a 21mm). Need some tweaking and different bars but it fit. A 1 of 1 as far as I know on the omega forums
That looks really nice!

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's I saw a GMT on Thomas Magnum and also saw the Rolex ads with Bjorn Borg sporting a Stainless GMT. Even as a kid I wanted one. In 88 I got a job at Wal-Mart, a job working cattle and hay field work to make money for gas and teenage expenses that were needed at the time. I also put over half of this money aside as savings for my future watch. I graduated high school in 89 and got quiet a bit of gift money. I took all my watch savings and gifted money and was still $400 short. I sold a S&W 4506 to a friends dad for the $400. Finally, I was ready to purchase. I drove an hour to the Mall, went into the Rolex Dealer and ordered a Stainless GMT Master with with black and red bezel. I paid $1,850 for that watch in June of 1989. I wore that watch every day until about four years ago. My son graduated Marine Corps OCS and I gave him my watch after a Rolex Refurbishment. That watch and I went through a lot together. I fully expect he will have it 30 years from now. I always thought I would trade that old watch after a few years for a two tone and then again a gold as I got older. I am so glad I didn't. I like the feeling I get when I think of my son wearing the watch every day through his young life and on all his adventures. I went a year without that watch and decided, " What the hell, I am going to get the watch I would have loved to have had 20 years ago." Some day when I have left this world I like to think my son will be wearing this green anniversary dial Rolex, and his son wearing the old Coke. The value of the old Coke is around 15K now. I wonder what the value of my Bronco will be worth 34 years from now. I wonder if my son had rather have this watch or the Bronco when I leave. Heck, he might get both. We just don't know when we might actually check out. All I know as it has been an awesome ride so for with the old coke and now the anniversary Dial.
Ford Bronco Pairing new Bronco with nice new watch? ⌚︎ IMG_7184
Cool story! I hope your son appreciates the GMT.

Sponsored

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last night while waiting in the Taco Bell drive through...

1653935-abd29813bca8ce8890029addf8f492a8.jpg