First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2022 Badlands in currently in for repairs after being damaged during a break in attempt. Three windows were damaged or shattered, the modular roof mid-panel was damaged, and the frame in front of the passenger front window was dented.
It’s been in the shop since last Tuesday(6/7). I was updated today saying they didn’t know when repairs would be completed due to wait time for replacement parts from Ford. I immediately suspected the roof panel but it turns out it’s the windows and the guides. I’m not super surprised by the delay but a little frustrated with the not knowing. I’m paying out of pocket for a rental currently. This is not sustainable indefinitely. I am not using a Ford dealership. This may have been a mistake.
What have others in similar situations experienced? What is a reasonable response on my part. I’m frustrated and would like to have my truck back. I chose this shop because they were the most responsible and most motivated to get the job done. Unfortunately my faith in them is being tested. Their original estimate was 4-5 days and now they are simply saying they don’t know.
Looking for feedback on every part of this story….lol.

Edit: The parts list -
M2DZ7820554AA - R Applique - delayed status
M2DZ7821410A - R Front Door Glass - ordered 06/08 w/ 1-2 weeks projected for arrival (we should hopefully see this month)
M2DZ78222A84B - R Front Guide - delayed status
M2DZ7825712A - R Rear Door Glass - ordered 06/08 w/ 1-2 weeks projected for arrival (we should hopefully see this month)
I also attached their initial estimate.

2424491E-D1B2-415E-9EA3-05479F390EED.png

73EEB331-46B6-4B3C-B72A-6C1F84BE814B.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it is drivable, go get it back and stop by HomeDepot on the way home for some duct tape and plastic. Tell the shop to call you when they get the parts in.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am sorry for the hassle dealing with the aftermath of a break in. That sucks. I am not surprised on lack of parts availability. I have been waiting six weeks for my ford dealer to get clips for rear panels in the back. Says they are on back order and they didn’t have an eta.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is drivable, go get it back and stop by HomeDepot on the way home for some duct tape and plastic. Tell the shop to call you when they get the parts in.
Was about this say this… but @BlueBronco beat me to it. Wood, plastic, and duct tape. Obviously there are insurance plans that would cover the costs on a rental vehicle for situations like this… but kind of too late for that at this point.

It is what it is unfortunately. With the current supply chain shortages, automobile manufacturers are going to put everything they got into new vehicles to fulfill customer’s orders. So parts are going to be sparse—especially on a vehicle that has only been in production for a little over a year.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Welcome to the real world in 2022!

A friend owns a body shop and has started renting out an empty lot nearby to hold cars that are waiting for parts.

You are not alone, you're not experiencing anything unusual or extreme. Also, if you had gone through a dealership all they do is outsource it to a nearby body shop they have a rate agreement with, it wouldn't make parts that don't exist magically appear.

Figure out your driver situation and it's not unusual in this market for people to go purchase a reasonable vehicle knowing they will sell it in a month or so and usually at a profit which will offset the sales tax hit. You'll have to do your own expense breakdown to know if that's a solid strategy for your financial situation.

Sponsored

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ordered the MB3Z-6750-B dipstick for 2.7 and it's on backorder. Parts guy said they had 10 but were sitting on them. WTH?

OP
OP

RMST09

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These responses are actually helpful. I want to think that the shop is doing their best. They’ve been great up to this week. A little bit of over promising and under delivering but that just seems to be a result of their attempt to keep regular updates coming my way. Trying to keep the same attitude towards Ford but having a harder and harder time feeling good about how they’ve handled this thing from reservations to production to delivery and now to support. A lot of factors out of their control too I suppose.

leervd

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was wondering the same thing. Mine has been in at the dealership for 3 weeks now with no ETA. Anyone have any experience with lemon laws?😂
Sponsored