Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny story...

So my wife gets home from work, pulling in the driveway behind my Bronco. She walks in the door and comes into the living room where she cheerfully says hello to me and my son sitting on the couch. My son says to me, "She didn't notice."

I should probably explain a little. Earlier that day, my son and I went to AOAA. It was the Monday after Christmas. He's home from college and I wanted to get out for a ride. This was the second time we went to AOAA. Last time was around Thanksgiving.

The last ride, we stayed on the western side of the property. We had a great time, some hairy spots but it was a blast. This ride e decided to check out the eastern reserve. To navigate, I use GAIA on the Bronco screen and my son reads the map to fill in any gaps. We pick a trail off to the right and motor around. Nothing too bad. after driving around for 15 minutes, we ended up on a trail that continued only for ATVs. There was no room to turn around so we had to back out of it about 100 feet. Well, I can back up pretty good. So I put it in reverse and hit the gas. between using the mirrors and the backup screen, I 'ahem' missed seeing a small tree to the rear passenger side. One quick beep from the parking sensors and CRACK! We got out to assess the damage. No body damage, good. Small scuff marks on the bumper, oh well. Shattered tail light, Sh!t.

Back to the wife. She knew where we were earlier. "So, you didn't see it?", I said. "What did you do?!?!", as she runs out the door. As she looks at the damage, she just shakes her head as she heads back inside.

Now alot of wives would get pissed if their husbands just damaged their new $60k vehicle. She just laughed it off. God I love her.

So anyways, If anyone knows of a passenger side rear tail light for a 2021 Badlands, DM me!

Ford Bronco OEM Parts? 1643677207915

PS. The tree was leaning just ever so slightly towards the Bronco, hence the damage to the tail light and not much else.
Sponsored

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At Off-Rodeo one of the brand new Broncos (our group was first to drive them) had a tail lite that was not working right, mostly off. I mentioned it to the guide since I was behind that Bronco the whole time. The guild told me those lamps are a pain as there are no bulbs to replace but the whole assembly needs to be replaced. I believe he said it was about $300. Personally I would take good old fashioned bulbs, even single replaceable LEDs and more plastic even if it limits the design of the tail lamp than a who expensive assembly that needs replacement.

Sooo.....consider this your first bulb replacement .

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tail light still functions as it should. I taped it up for now to limit water seepage. So I can wait a bit for a replacement option.

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read somewhere else that the taillights are like 800-900$. Not a cheap fix, scour the net for one that was totaled already.

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At Off-Rodeo one of the brand new Broncos (our group was first to drive them) had a tail lite that was not working right, mostly off. I mentioned it to the guide since I was behind that Bronco the whole time. The guild told me those lamps are a pain as there are no bulbs to replace but the whole assembly needs to be replaced. I believe he said it was about $300. Personally I would take good old fashioned bulbs, even single replaceable LEDs and more plastic even if it limits the design of the tail lamp than a who expensive assembly that needs replacement.

Sooo.....consider this your first bulb replacement .
So did you ask your Ford dealer?

Just sayin'
I read somewhere else that the taillights are like 800-900$. Not a cheap fix, scour the net for one that was totaled already.
So it's been 3 months since "the incident". I took my Bronco in for its 15k mile oil change. Asked the dealer for a price on the tail light assembly by itself and also for it installed. Better be sitting down for this one...

Passenger side tail light assembly: $1,080
Installation: $60

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Passenger side tail light assembly: $1,080
Installation: $60
That price is absolutely nuts, only $60 for installation, what are they thinking.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Scary $$$. I purchased the only Extended warranty I've ever bought. Went through Granger for a really good deal. I added exterior and interior lighting coverage for $70, might pay off.

The only issue I've had with my Bronco was an interior light. Turns out the wire had never been connected, fixed it myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

isaacfinnegan

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just cracked my left side lights. Ordered oracle. The OEM all in one packaging is ridiculous. Still waiting on backorder for same light for my Ranger.
No bulbs? WTF

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks