Sponsored

Parts needed for Hard Top --> Soft Top & Soft Top --> Hard Top ?

HibbingChick

Big Bend
First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm starting a soft to hard top swap on Wednesday, happy to let you know what needs to be removed to accommodate the hard top!
Would you consider making a “how to” video? :)
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It boggles my mind that Ford ever shipped a soft top "as built" vehicle that didn't include the hard top prep kit... And it makes me sad that mine was built when they didn't include it :(

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I switched my top I needed the bracket from the soft top above the rear doors, bracket in the panels that pop out where the soft top bolt/unbolt from, also the side panel on the outside where the soft top side windows clip/hold in. The hardtop didn’t need any switching or any extra parts I believe, just fits right on the vehicle.
Wanted to clarify. If you have a soft top and want a hard top, you need nothing, but vice versa you need some stuff from the soft top Bronco. Correct?

67Daytona

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WildTrack 2022 BadLands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your Bronco was built after Sept 2021, you will need no extra parts to go from soft top to MIC.

To go from MIC to soft top, regardless of build date, takes a small pile of parts worth around $200.
Just did this , was able to secure a Factory fresh OEM soft but dealer clueless , do you remember the parts ? Looks like 2 Side mounting brackets and two rear hood hinges

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just did this , was able to secure a Factory fresh OEM soft but dealer clueless , do you remember the parts ? Looks like 2 Side mounting brackets and two rear hood hinges
2 black mounting brackets- plus bolts.
2 small rear hinges- plus bolts
Right and left upper roll bar mounts- plus bolts
Right and left C-pillar trims- use existing bolts
Trim inside cargo area- no bolts needed, unless you plan on cutting the existing trim pieces.
Part numbers- I’ll have to look for those again.
It seems that most dual top soft tops are being shipped with these parts in the container with the soft top (minus maybe the black mounting bars)
Sponsored