First Name
Lezleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Newbie Alert...I'm still learning so please be kind.

We test drove a Bronco today and in the 20 mph wind it was super loud in the Soft Top.

Here's my questions, is it always that loud or just with the high winds? Will there be an option to put a hard top on it in the future if we get the soft top now? If we don't like the loud sound, can we just custom order it with a gray hard top or will that make it take twenty years to get?

I just can't keep track of all the top stuff and info coming out!
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any soft top built in September or later will have the hookups necessary to connect the hard top rear wiper for future hard top installation.

MIC tops are heavily constrained right now, basically you have to have a First edition order to have any real chance at getting built this year with a MIC top, other than that it's a lottery. If it's a new order altogether....man good luck, maybe by this time next year no matter the top choice?

The soft top is, well, loud as a soft top is. It's not worse than a wrangler's soft top, but it is loud.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And from things that we've heard and seen, you may not find the hardtop to be any quieter.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Newbie Alert...I'm still learning so please be kind.

We test drove a Bronco today and in the 20 mph wind it was super loud in the Soft Top.

Here's my questions, is it always that loud or just with the high winds? Will there be an option to put a hard top on it in the future if we get the soft top now? If we don't like the loud sound, can we just custom order it with a gray hard top or will that make it take twenty years to get?

I just can't keep track of all the top stuff and info coming out!
It's the nature of the vehicle. All it has is some cloth covering a significant portion of the upper part of the vehicle. On a vehicle that sits higher up in the wind. Hardtop should be quieter, but has issues and is in short supply.

I'd say also make sure you are considering the right vehicle for your actual usage. Because with Bronco or Wrangler, you are getting removable top/doors and off-road usage ... at the expense of pavement performance, noise, etc.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've owned soft tops for years, and yes they are louder than the hardtop. You can hear cars beside you, and cross winds can be quite noisy. And you do for sure pick up more wind noise even on a calm day. But, on that perfect day with you bestie by your side driving to no where with the top down negates all of that IMHO. You can get used to the extra noise if you want the soft top. I really don't think soft tops today are as loud as some would have you believe. Good luck on your decision.
Sponsored