Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, now a more serious question after they find their straps. lol. I feel like the straps do absolutely nothing. They just slide down the framing. Can someone point me to the correct way to strap down the soft top.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the straps just keep the frame from rattling. I’m always reminded quickly if I forget to use them.

CDA5922B-64C0-4CFC-940A-A2358B2A11A8.jpeg

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, now a more serious question after they find their straps. lol. I feel like the straps do absolutely nothing. They just slide down the framing. Can someone point me to the correct way to strap down the soft top.
The straps are more important when the top is in the first opened position, IMO — basically flipped back behind the drivers seat in Safari mode — especially if off-roading with a significant pitch. I watched a YouTube video of someone rock-crawling with the top opened to the first position driving without the straps, and when they went down a serious decline and bounced over a big rock, the unstrapped top flipped closed.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The straps are more important when the top is in the first opened position, IMO — basically flipped back behind the drivers seat in Safari mode — especially if off-roading with a significant pitch. I watched a YouTube video of someone rock-crawling with the top opened to the first position driving without the straps, and when they went down a serious decline and bounced over a big rock, the unstrapped top flipped closed.
😳 Hadn’t thought about that. Off to find my straps now!

8lug

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found instructions on snugging the bump stops when your soft top is down! Stop that rattle.

RPMImages

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond, 67 Bronco, 65 Mustang, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our straps were in the glove compartment in a plastic bag. Picked her up on Monday.
Sponsored